Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu, who has given the Humshakals promotions a total miss, broke her silence on the issue and said she was not satisfied with the end result and hence has decided to stay away from the movie.
Bipasha Basu, 35, who is playing a prominent role in Sajid Khan’s film, has been missing from all the promotional events. The Bengali actress, who is one of the three leading ladies in the laugh riot set to release this week, took to Twitter to clarify her stand.
The film’s star cast had earlier said that Bipasha Basu was unwell and would join the team later. But during the New Delhi promotions recently, Sajid Khan told reporters that Bipasha’s absence from the film’s promotions were ‘best known to her’.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
And two days later the actress finally spoke about it and said: “This is to put an end to all the discussions around my absence for Humshakals promotions. I take full responsibility of getting into a film only on the basis of trust. But after dubbing for my character in the film, as I had professionally committed to do so I’m extremely disturbed by the end result of the same.”
The note doesn’t mention a word about her director Sajid Khan. According to reports Bipasha felt sidelined opposite her juniors Tamannaah and Esha Gupta.
Apparently, the actress not only accepted a higher pay than Esha and Tammanah but a meatier role as well. She was also said to be promised an exclusive promo along with Saif Ali Khan.
She further wrote: “In these circumstances I didn’t know how to promote a film with all honesty and that’s why I thought it was better to stay away. I am confident that the film will be true to its genre and will be a full entertainer because of the people involved. I wish fox star studios who I have had my biggest hit with Raaz 3 and Vashu ji who is a fantastic producer all the best. Wish all my co stars Saif, Riteish, Tamannah, Esha and the technicians best of luck. Sometimes, certain journeys cannot be completed and this is one of them – no one to be blamed, combination of things that made me disrupt my journey.”
In another tweet, Bipasha Basu wrote “I can never be against a film”
Movies are our life.They are made by efforts of lots of ppl!I can never be against a film!As an actor ur role can disappoint u at times.
— Bipasha Basu (@bipsluvurself) June 17, 2014
‘Humshakals’ is an out-and-out comedy that stars Saif Ali Khan, Riteish Deshmukh, Ram Kapoor in triple roles besides Tamannaah, Bipasha Basu and Esha Gupta. The film was shot only in 70 days.