Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu, who has given the Humshakals promotions a total miss, broke her silence on the issue and said she was not satisfied with the end result and hence has decided to stay away from the movie.
Bipasha Basu, 35, who is playing a prominent role in Sajid Khan’s film, has been missing from all the promotional events. The Bengali actress, who is one of the three leading ladies in the laugh riot set to release this week, took to Twitter to clarify her stand.
The film’s star cast had earlier said that Bipasha Basu was unwell and would join the team later. But during the New Delhi promotions recently, Sajid Khan told reporters that Bipasha’s absence from the film’s promotions were ‘best known to her’.
And two days later the actress finally spoke about it and said: “This is to put an end to all the discussions around my absence for Humshakals promotions. I take full responsibility of getting into a film only on the basis of trust. But after dubbing for my character in the film, as I had professionally committed to do so I’m extremely disturbed by the end result of the same.”
The note doesn’t mention a word about her director Sajid Khan. According to reports Bipasha felt sidelined opposite her juniors Tamannaah and Esha Gupta.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Apparently, the actress not only accepted a higher pay than Esha and Tammanah but a meatier role as well. She was also said to be promised an exclusive promo along with Saif Ali Khan.
She further wrote: “In these circumstances I didn’t know how to promote a film with all honesty and that’s why I thought it was better to stay away. I am confident that the film will be true to its genre and will be a full entertainer because of the people involved. I wish fox star studios who I have had my biggest hit with Raaz 3 and Vashu ji who is a fantastic producer all the best. Wish all my co stars Saif, Riteish, Tamannah, Esha and the technicians best of luck. Sometimes, certain journeys cannot be completed and this is one of them – no one to be blamed, combination of things that made me disrupt my journey.”
In another tweet, Bipasha Basu wrote “I can never be against a film”
Movies are our life.They are made by efforts of lots of ppl!I can never be against a film!As an actor ur role can disappoint u at times.
— Bipasha Basu (@bipsluvurself) June 17, 2014
‘Humshakals’ is an out-and-out comedy that stars Saif Ali Khan, Riteish Deshmukh, Ram Kapoor in triple roles besides Tamannaah, Bipasha Basu and Esha Gupta. The film was shot only in 70 days.