A biopic on Manjunath Shanmugham, an IIM-Lucknow graduate who was killed for taking over oil mafia, is set to release on May 9.
The film, directed by Sandeep Varma and produced by Viacom 18, aims to take the message against corruption to the audiences through a unique marketing campaign where they will ask other whistle blowers to share their struggle on ‘www.whoismanjunath.com’.
“I feel that we have forgotten what our voice sounds like. Hopefully this campaign can help, in a small way, to get us familiar with our voice again. To express what we feel, without any fear. Manjunath is a shining example of being fearless and I hope some of his fearlessness can rub off on us,” Verma said in a statement.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
“Manjunath’s story is one to be told and therefore, the film and our marketing initiatives around it reflect the image of the real Manjunath Shanmugham who fought for what he believed in,” Rudrarup Dutta, Marketing Head Viacom18 Motion Pictures, said.
The titular charater of Manjunath is being played by Yashpal Sharma in the film.
Manjunath, who was working as an Indian Oil sales manager, was killed after he threatened to revoke the licence of a petrol pump owner in Lakhimpur Kheri for selling adulterated fuel in 2005.