A biopic on Manjunath Shanmugham, an IIM-Lucknow graduate who was killed for taking over oil mafia, is set to release on May 9.
The film, directed by Sandeep Varma and produced by Viacom 18, aims to take the message against corruption to the audiences through a unique marketing campaign where they will ask other whistle blowers to share their struggle on ‘www.whoismanjunath.com’.
“I feel that we have forgotten what our voice sounds like. Hopefully this campaign can help, in a small way, to get us familiar with our voice again. To express what we feel, without any fear. Manjunath is a shining example of being fearless and I hope some of his fearlessness can rub off on us,” Verma said in a statement.
“Manjunath’s story is one to be told and therefore, the film and our marketing initiatives around it reflect the image of the real Manjunath Shanmugham who fought for what he believed in,” Rudrarup Dutta, Marketing Head Viacom18 Motion Pictures, said.
The titular charater of Manjunath is being played by Yashpal Sharma in the film.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Manjunath, who was working as an Indian Oil sales manager, was killed after he threatened to revoke the licence of a petrol pump owner in Lakhimpur Kheri for selling adulterated fuel in 2005.