Founder of Shiv Sena, late Bal Thackeray’s life will soon be adapted into a biopic in Bollywood. And helming the same would be debutant Rahul Thackeray, son of producer Smita Thackeray (Bal Thackeray’s daughter-in-law).
The film, which will go on floors by the end of this year, will be released on January 23, 2017 which also happens to be Bal Thackeray’s birth anniversary.
Bal Thackeray’s grandson, Aditya Thackeray (Uddhav Thackeray’s son) was however guarded in reacting to this development. Aditya told us, “I just got to know about it. I don’t know if everything has been finalised. I want the film to be of the stature that will suit my grandfather. I can’t deliberate or talk much about it before reading the script.”
Aditya however acknowledged that the biopic will be an emotional and serious issue for all involved. “I can say this that the film will be an emotional and serious one not just for us but for many in the country.”
- Aaditya Thackeray elevated as Sena ‘leader’, becomes part of core team
- Exclusive: I appreciate Shiv Sena that they approached me for Bal Thackeray’s biopic, says Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Amitabh Bachchan at Bal Thackeray biopic launch: Balasaheb was like a father figure to me
- The first teaser of Bal Thackeray’s biopic is grand and dramatic, watch video
- Sena MP Sanjay Raut to produce a film on Bal Thackeray’s life
- ‘Only Udhhav was present when Bal Thackeray’s will was first read out’
The young leader however shied away when we asked him to name his favourite actor from Bollywood who he would want to essay the role of his illustrious grandfather on screen. “Balasaheb for me was both my grandfather and leader. So I will refrain from commenting on this question,” said Adtiya.
Aditya also made it clear that he has no latent acting ambitions and said that he is better off in politics.