Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar brought in his 42nd birthday in style and panache at his Mumbai residence on May 24.
The producer-director-actor hosted a birthday basg ob the eve of his birthday (May 25) which was attended by the who’s who of the film fraternity.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
1. Bollywood actress Vidya Balan, put end to rumours that there was any trouble in her marriage. She came hand-in-hand with her husband Siddharth Roy Kapur.
Vidya, recently said in an interview that she i was very happy in her marriage and that she need not clarify anything about the same.
And indeed.. Picture speaks a thousand words. Vidya Balan was at her jovial self at the party revelling with her husband.
The actress also came under the scanner for wearing ‘loose’ clothes, giving up films and other international presence, sparking rumours that she may be pregnant. However, Vidya opted for a long kurta with front slit teamed with black pyjamas showing that she is in fact not pregnant.
2. While Vidya dispelled rumours regarding her marriage and pregnancy, Bollywood actor Kunal Kapoor reinforced the fact that he is indeed dating megastar Amitabh Bachchan’s niece Naina.
Naina and Kunal were captured by the photogs while making their way into the party.
3. Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri, who are one of the closest friends of the filmmaker gave the party a miss. There were reports of a ‘rift’ between the actor and his ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’ director. The speculations further deepened when Shah Rukh Khan failed to appear on karan Johar’s chat show ‘Koffee With Karan’ .
The recently concluded season was commenced by Shah Rukh’s friend-turned-foe Salman Khan. Salman’s growing closeness with Karan Johar is believed to be one of the reasons between the said ‘rift’.
4. Though Shah Rukh may not have attended Karan’s birthday bash, his ‘new’ friend Aamir Khan came with his wife Kiran Rao.
The actor-producer couple, who also made their debut on ‘Koffee With Karan’ did not fail to greet the actor. While on the show, Aamir had said that he initially did not like Karan much, however only after he got to know him did he like him.
6. Karan Johar, who is known to promote newcomers had also invited necommers like Kiara Advani, who will be seen in Akshay Kumar’s production ‘Fugly’ with Vijender Singh and Sonam Kapoor’s cousin Mohit Marwah.
Another interesting spotting was television actor Siddharth Shukla, who came under the ‘Kjo’ scanner at celebrity dance show ‘Jhalka Dikhhla Jaa’ and has reportedly signed a film with Karan Johar.
7. We also noticed that Karan’s party was attended by Nargis Fakhri, while her rumoured beau Uday Chopra gave it a miss.
Uday Chopra, who doesn’t shy away from declaring his ‘love’ for the ‘Main Tera Hero’ actress also tweeted, apologising for not making it to the bash!
Happy birthday @karanjohar hope you had a blast last night…sorry wasn’t there…but I did have a few drinks on your name ��
— Uday Chopra (@udaychopra) May 25, 2014
Much like Karan Johar’s chat show, his parties also leave a lot of room for imagination.
Among other attendees were fashionistas Sonam Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut, Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan, and many more.