A compliment from megastar Amitabh Bachchan regarding the trailer of “Kick”, has turned out to be the “biggest reward” for producer Sajid Nadiadwala, who is making his directorial debut with the movie.
Earlier this month, Big B had tweeted: “Did you see the trailer of ‘KICK’..baaadooom!! Compares with anything that the other ‘wood’ brings out from their high end films!”
It left Nadiadwala ecstatic. “What more can I want? It’s like getting the best award possible even before my film is released. To have someone of Amit-ji’s stature saying something like this is a dream come true. I feel I’ve already got my biggest reward,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“This year has been extraordinary for my production house. We released three films – ‘Highway’, ‘2 States’ and ‘Heropanti’. By god’s grace, they succeeded. Insha Allah, ‘Kick’, with which I’ve turned director for the first time, will be a big success,” added Sajid Nadiadwala.
“Kick” stars Salman Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez. One of its songs, “Jumme ki raat” has mustered up a positive buzz.
But Nadiadwala has no time to enjoy the success of the song and earlier, the trailer. He is racing against time as “Kick” releases in a month, and he still has about a week’s shooting to complete.
“I’ve no time to sit back and enjoy any of the good things that are happening to my film. We are shooting and running to the monitor. My assistant directors and my team tells me that the response to the first look and the first song of ‘Kick’ has been unprecedented.
“I think I can breathe a little easily now. I wish I had more time to enjoy what I am doing. But we have set an Eid deadline for our film’s release. And we will fulfill that.”
Expectations from Salman and “Kick” are huge, specially since Salman’s last release “Jai Ho” underperformed at the box office. Also, “Kick” releases ahead of the two other Khan superstars’ new projects – Shah Rukh Khan’s “Happy New Year” and Aamir Khan’s “P.K.”
But Nadiadwala is unfazed.
“I am looking neither backward nor ahead. I am not thinking of what Salman has done earlier and what is the competition for my film. I am only focusing on getting it right with ‘Kick’.”