A compliment from megastar Amitabh Bachchan regarding the trailer of “Kick”, has turned out to be the “biggest reward” for producer Sajid Nadiadwala, who is making his directorial debut with the movie.
Earlier this month, Big B had tweeted: “Did you see the trailer of ‘KICK’..baaadooom!! Compares with anything that the other ‘wood’ brings out from their high end films!”
It left Nadiadwala ecstatic. “What more can I want? It’s like getting the best award possible even before my film is released. To have someone of Amit-ji’s stature saying something like this is a dream come true. I feel I’ve already got my biggest reward,” he said.
“This year has been extraordinary for my production house. We released three films – ‘Highway’, ‘2 States’ and ‘Heropanti’. By god’s grace, they succeeded. Insha Allah, ‘Kick’, with which I’ve turned director for the first time, will be a big success,” added Sajid Nadiadwala.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
But Nadiadwala has no time to enjoy the success of the song and earlier, the trailer. He is racing against time as “Kick” releases in a month, and he still has about a week’s shooting to complete.
“I’ve no time to sit back and enjoy any of the good things that are happening to my film. We are shooting and running to the monitor. My assistant directors and my team tells me that the response to the first look and the first song of ‘Kick’ has been unprecedented.
“I think I can breathe a little easily now. I wish I had more time to enjoy what I am doing. But we have set an Eid deadline for our film’s release. And we will fulfill that.”
Expectations from Salman and “Kick” are huge, specially since Salman’s last release “Jai Ho” underperformed at the box office. Also, “Kick” releases ahead of the two other Khan superstars’ new projects – Shah Rukh Khan’s “Happy New Year” and Aamir Khan’s “P.K.”
But Nadiadwala is unfazed.
“I am looking neither backward nor ahead. I am not thinking of what Salman has done earlier and what is the competition for my film. I am only focusing on getting it right with ‘Kick’.”