Ever since the new trailer of Sunny Deol and Kangana Ranaut starrer ‘I Love NY’ has hit the web, the long delayed film has caught up in a web of legal controversy. According to reports, release of the film’s trailer has irked Kangana and apparently she has even sent a legal notice to the producers, T-Series, for going ahead with the release without taking her consent.
However, Bhushan Kumar, head honcho of T-Series has a completely different story to tell. While many are left surprised over the fact if the actor has a say in the release of the film, Bhushan Kumar clarifies on it saying, “No actor gives permission (for release) until and unless she is an Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) member of the film.” Further, the producer also added that the rights of the film were sold more than 18 months ago to Wave Cinemas and has no control over the film’s release.
- More trouble for Kangana Ranaut? Aditya Pancholi and wife Zarina Wahab slap legal notice on Simran actor
- Simran song Single Rehne De: Kangana Ranaut becomes the queen of single ladies with this track. Watch video
- Apurva Asrani on Kangana Ranaut: I will not participate in the changing narratives of the Simran credit controversy
- After slapping legal notice, Kangana Ranaut jokes about 'I Love NY'
- Not asked to promote 'I Love NY': Kangana Ranaut
- Kangana Ranaut sends legal notice to T-Series to block the release of 'I Love NY'
Talking about the notice sent to him by Kangana’s legal team, Bhushan Kumar also stated, “As far as the payment is concerned, we are replying to her notice with a copy of the bank receipts because all the payments were made in cheque. If she doesn’t have the agreement copy or has misplaced it, she could have asked us for it. Without it, how does she know how much is pending?”
Bhushan also mentioned that Kangana Ranaut was given Rs 10 lakh post the dubbing and her last payment had also been cleared simultaneously. Also, he will be replying to the notice which was sent to him and the team is set to release the film on the decided date. ‘I Love NY’, directed by Radhika Rao and Vinay Sapru, is slated to release July 10, 2015.