Megastar Amitabh Bachchan says it is merely a co-incidence that his upcoming film ‘Bhoothnath Returns’, where a ghost takes on a corrupt politician, is releasing during the time of polls but it does emphasise on the importance of voting.
Bachchan, 71, said youth should participate in voting to bring a change in the political scenario of the nation.
“We decided on the film one and half years ago and we never knew that it will release during the elections. ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ gives a serious message of voting through its storyline.
“One vote can bring a sea-change in our country and I feel youth should participate in large numbers to bring that change,” said Bachchan, who was in the Capital to promote the film that releases on April 11, a day after polls in Delhi.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The actor said that he religiously uses his voting rights and has never skipped the day of polling.
“I have been voting since my college days. I don’t remember exactly which year I gave my first vote but as per as I remember I have never missed out my voting right,” said Bachchan, who is a former MP from Allahabad.
‘Bhoothnath Returns’, directed by Nitesh Tiwari, starts exactly where the 2008 film ‘Bhootnath’ ended. The film will also has a cameo appearance of superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor.
“Both the two actors play very important roles in the film. Shah Rukh, who was also there in the previous part, comes in the film at a very important time and helps the story to proceed further. Ranbir plays himself in the film, who talks about the importance of voting,” Bachchan said.
Bachchan says he feels privileged to share the screen space with the ‘talented lot’ of the industry.
“All the actors are good. I really admire this generation. They do such fine acting in their every outing. It makes me feel proud to be a part of the film fraternity with these talented lot,” he said.
After ‘Bhoothnath Returns’, the ‘Black’ star would be seen in Shoojit Sircar’s next ‘Piku’ with Deepika Padukone and Irrfan Khan. The film is a story of a father and a daughter.