Megastar Amitabh Bachchan says it is merely a co-incidence that his upcoming film ‘Bhoothnath Returns’, where a ghost takes on a corrupt politician, is releasing during the time of polls but it does emphasise on the importance of voting.
Bachchan, 71, said youth should participate in voting to bring a change in the political scenario of the nation.
“We decided on the film one and half years ago and we never knew that it will release during the elections. ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ gives a serious message of voting through its storyline.
“One vote can bring a sea-change in our country and I feel youth should participate in large numbers to bring that change,” said Bachchan, who was in the Capital to promote the film that releases on April 11, a day after polls in Delhi.
The actor said that he religiously uses his voting rights and has never skipped the day of polling.
“I have been voting since my college days. I don’t remember exactly which year I gave my first vote but as per as I remember I have never missed out my voting right,” said Bachchan, who is a former MP from Allahabad.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
‘Bhoothnath Returns’, directed by Nitesh Tiwari, starts exactly where the 2008 film ‘Bhootnath’ ended. The film will also has a cameo appearance of superstars Shah Rukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor.
“Both the two actors play very important roles in the film. Shah Rukh, who was also there in the previous part, comes in the film at a very important time and helps the story to proceed further. Ranbir plays himself in the film, who talks about the importance of voting,” Bachchan said.
Bachchan says he feels privileged to share the screen space with the ‘talented lot’ of the industry.
“All the actors are good. I really admire this generation. They do such fine acting in their every outing. It makes me feel proud to be a part of the film fraternity with these talented lot,” he said.
After ‘Bhoothnath Returns’, the ‘Black’ star would be seen in Shoojit Sircar’s next ‘Piku’ with Deepika Padukone and Irrfan Khan. The film is a story of a father and a daughter.