Popular Bengali actress Rituparna Sengupta has pledged to donate her body after death and called for debunking the superstition about donating one’s body.
When contacted, Rituparna said, “Yes, I made the pledge at a screening of documentary ‘Maronottar Deho Daan’ (Donating body after death) by Debdut Ghosh. There are so many people around us who are maimed for life. If our organs come of use after death, it can be termed as being reborn,” the ‘Paromitar Ekdin’ actor said.
Rituparna, who had earlier pledged to donate her eyes, also called for debunking the myth and superstition about donating one’s body. “With the spread of scientific awareness let’s be more rational,” she said.
Ghosh, who directed the documentary, said, “It is true that all religions have reservations about donating bodies. We can at least hope that since we all talk about humanity, let’s be a bit more humane in our thoughts by thinking about fellow human beings. Let’s hope relatives will not object during handing over the body of a donor having inked consent forms when he was alive.”
On Rituparna’s pledge, Ghosh said, “I am happy that a personality like Ritudi has come forward to campaign for our cause.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016