Popular Bengali actress Rituparna Sengupta has pledged to donate her body after death and called for debunking the superstition about donating one’s body.
When contacted, Rituparna said, “Yes, I made the pledge at a screening of documentary ‘Maronottar Deho Daan’ (Donating body after death) by Debdut Ghosh. There are so many people around us who are maimed for life. If our organs come of use after death, it can be termed as being reborn,” the ‘Paromitar Ekdin’ actor said.
Rituparna, who had earlier pledged to donate her eyes, also called for debunking the myth and superstition about donating one’s body. “With the spread of scientific awareness let’s be more rational,” she said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ghosh, who directed the documentary, said, “It is true that all religions have reservations about donating bodies. We can at least hope that since we all talk about humanity, let’s be a bit more humane in our thoughts by thinking about fellow human beings. Let’s hope relatives will not object during handing over the body of a donor having inked consent forms when he was alive.”
On Rituparna’s pledge, Ghosh said, “I am happy that a personality like Ritudi has come forward to campaign for our cause.”