Popular Bengali actor Tota Roy Chowdhury will feature in Bollywood director Madhur Bhandarkar’s next film Indu Sarkar.
Tota Roy Chowdhury is a popular name in the Bengali film industry and has bagged an important role in Bhandarkar’s Indu Sarkar, a press release issued here said. The 40-year-old Bengali film star has worked in Hindi films earlier too.
The actor, who has been a part of films like Chokher Bali (he was opposite Aishwarya Rai Bachchan), Te3n, Sujoy
Ghosh’s short film Ahalya and upcoming Kahaani 2, will play actress Kirti Kulhari’s husband in the Hindi film.
Indu Sarkar is about a stammering poetess who rebels against the system. For the film, Bhandarkar has been doing an extensive research with his writer and has met a lot of people to get information about the 21-month Emergency imposed in the country in 1975-77.
The film has Delhi as backdrop and will be shot in the national capital, Mumbai and Pune. To be shot in 35-40 days, the movie will go on floors in the first week of December.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Madhur Bhadarkar has previously directed films like Fashion, Calendar Girls, Heroine, Jail, Traffic Signal, Corporate, Page 3, Aan: Men at work, Chandni Bar, Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji. The director is known for making realistic films in Bollywood. While some of them have been major hits others have recieved poor reviews.
This will be the first time Tota Roy Chowdhury and Madhur Bhandarkar would be working together in a film.