Bollywood star Aamir Khan, who chooses to give a miss to film award functions, decided to turn up for the Star Parivaar Awards event here recently. The host of “Satyamev Jayate” said the small screen medium is vital to him.
“For me, being a part of TV is very important. My films are (for) entertainment but through TV, I am bringing forward social causes and (to) move towards a better future,” said Aamir Khan.
He is currently working on the third season of “Satyamev Jayate”, via which he raises important social issues of the country.
“We are currently working on the third season of ‘Satyamev Jayate’. We are researching on the topics and it is going good,” the 48-year-old said.
What brought him to the Star Parivaar Awards held here Sunday?
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“I have been working with Star for many months and when they invited me, I was happy to come,” he added.
“Satyamev Jayate” season one went on air on Star Plus May 2012 while the second season was aired in March 2014 and ended in April.
The Star Parivaar Awards will be telecast June 29.