Bollywood star Aamir Khan, who chooses to give a miss to film award functions, decided to turn up for the Star Parivaar Awards event here recently. The host of “Satyamev Jayate” said the small screen medium is vital to him.
“For me, being a part of TV is very important. My films are (for) entertainment but through TV, I am bringing forward social causes and (to) move towards a better future,” said Aamir Khan.
He is currently working on the third season of “Satyamev Jayate”, via which he raises important social issues of the country.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“We are currently working on the third season of ‘Satyamev Jayate’. We are researching on the topics and it is going good,” the 48-year-old said.
What brought him to the Star Parivaar Awards held here Sunday?
“I have been working with Star for many months and when they invited me, I was happy to come,” he added.
“Satyamev Jayate” season one went on air on Star Plus May 2012 while the second season was aired in March 2014 and ended in April.
The Star Parivaar Awards will be telecast June 29.