Bollywood actress Huma Qureshi, who walked the ramp as showstopper for designer duo Rimple and Harpreet Narula on the last day of Shree Raj Mahal Jewellers India Couture Week 2014, says that Indian women are blessed with “naturally beautiful curves” and they should not feel embarrassed about it.
Asked about how much pressure she faces every day as an actress to look slim and prefect, the voluptuous beauty told IANS: “It’s not just actresses but even the normal girl constantly tries to fit into the particular idea of beauty. They face the entire pressure of marriage madness where everyone try and look prettier and forget what they actually are.
“I agree that one should be fit and take care of one’s body as there is no excuse to be unfit. But I feel that Indian women are naturally blessed with beautiful curves. Just because somebody has said that you need to be perfect, one should not kill herself to achieve that. Be proud of your curves.”
Huma also said that one should not try to modify their body just because someone else doesn’t like the way you are.
“Don’t be embarrassed about your body. Yes, as an actress, if I have to play a model or wear something where I need to be super toned, I would obviously love to work towards that but that is the part of my job. But my real life is mine and this is how I look. So don’t be apologetic about how you look,” she said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The actress also recalled her childhood memories when she used to get teased by her schoolmates because of her body weight.
“I was quite a chubby kid so I used to get teased by schoolmates because of my body weight,” said Huma.
The “Gangs of Wasseypur” fame actress looked like a true diva when she walked the ramp for Rimple and Harpreet in dull gold lehanga with antique zari detailing and a tulle trail. She completed the look with minimal jewellery and hair wide open.
The designer duo presented a collection titled “The eternal wanderlust”, inspired by nomads and wanderers who used to abound in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (in Pakistan), the Thar and Sahara deserts, ancient Persia and Syria.
The duo used hand crafted textures created by intricate fabric manipulation and crocheting, monogrammed coins, weaves of delicate tulles and gossamer silks. Also, there were tessellations inspired by Islamic Art that were juxtaposed with fine hand embroideries to veritably breathe life onto the surfaces of each ensemble.
The silhouettes comprised of capes and robes, sheer billowy jackets and regal cloaks.
Sharing her experience of walking on ramp for the designer-duo, Huma told IANS: “I have done a shoot with them and I really like their bridal work. It’s interesting to walk for them. Also since the fashion week was happening in Delhi so I thought why not. I always look for excuses to come back to Delhi.”
Also spotted at the show was cricketer Virendra Sehwag accompanied by wife Aarti.