“We are nobody to challenge the law or speak anything about it. I have personally known Salman Khan for years. He is one of the greatest human beings. He is a great person,” Ranbir said at a media interaction here today.
“He has helped so many people through his foundation and beyond that. He has done tremendous work for the society so instead of making comment on the verdict we should be inspired by the work he has done,” the 32-year-old actor said.
- Kareena Kapoor: 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' is going to be the biggest hit of 2015 since it has Salman Khan
- I can vouch for the fact that Salman Khan is a good man: Ranbir Kapoor
- Rishi Kapoor back on Twitter after plans of quitting
- HIGHLIGHTS - Salman Khan sentenced to five years in jail, gets 2-day interim bail from High Court
- Salman is number 1,Shah Rukh Khan is extremely charming: Aamir Khan
- I don't believe in this term of being the next superstar: Ranbir Kapoor
“He is a world hero… we all love him. He will bounce back. Strength… prayers to the family,” the “Barfi!” star said.
About the sentence, Ranbir says, “I cannot comment on Indian law… I cannot say what is right and wrong… it would be unfair for me to say anything about it (law).”
Actress Deepika Padukone and actor Irrfan Khan who will be sharing screen space in “Piku” which will hit the screens tomorrow chose not to comment on the matter.
“I think it’s sub-judice so I won’t like to comment. And on personal level, I would like to convey my comments personally,” Deepika said at an event here.
“I cannot give my viewpoint, it’s too sensitive. I feel for everybody who has suffered and who are suffering, but I cannot comment anything,” Irrfan said.
Director Shoojit Sircar says, “I am as much a citizen of India as you are and I think we all should go by what the law of our land decides.”
The Bombay High Court had yesterday granted interim bail to Salman till May 8 when it would hear his appeal against a sessions court order convicting him in the 2002 hit-and-run case.