- Genelia D’Souza gifts Tesla Model X to Riteish Deshmukh, makes Farah Khan jealous
- Fukrey Returns box office collection: Richa Chadha-Pulkit Samrat starrer wraps second ‘fantastic’ weekend with Rs 66.11 crore
- Fukrey Returns box office collection day 9: Pulkit Samrat-Richa Chadha film witnesses massive growth, collects Rs 59.10 crore
In the past few weeks, there was plenty of back and forth decision on whether the Salman Khan film ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan‘ would release in Pakistan. However, while ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ did release across the border and has been doing brisk business, we hear that the soon to release Riteish Deshmukh – Pulkit Samrat starrer ‘Bangistan’ is stuck in a similar quagmire.
In fact we hear that the film produced by Riteish Sidhwani has been banned from releasing in Pakistan owing to its theme. However, Sidhwani, who was taken by surprise with this ruling, has decided on fighting the ban stating that he along with the director of the film Karan Anshuman and the lead actors have applied for Pakistani visa, to screen the film for the authorities. Apparently, the authorities in Pakistan based their decision to ban the film on the trailer stating that ‘Bangistan’ is anti-Pakistan and anti-Muslim.
- Happy birthday Riteish Deshmukh: The actor who stood out in multi-starrers with his perfect comic timing
- 'Bangistan' is not anti-religion: Ritesh Sidhwani
- Salman Khan promotes Riteish Deshmukh, Pulkit Samrat starrer 'Bangistan'
- Riteish Deshmukh, Pulkit Samrat's 'Bangistan' banned in UAE, says producer
- Wanted good release space for "Bangistan": Karan Anshuman
- Release of Riteish Deshmukh- Pulkit Samrat starrer 'Bangistan' postponed
As for the film, ‘Bangistan’ is about two suicide bombers, Hafeez Bin Ali/ Ishwarchand Sharma (Riteish) and Allah Rakha Khan/ Praveen Chaturvedi (Pulkit), who are brainwashed into executing a suicide mission, however the two soon realize the futility of the mission and try to avert it.