Bollywood actress Seema Biswas, who rose to fame with her compelling performance in Shekhar Kapur’s ‘Bandit Queen’, will soon make her television debut with ‘Maha Kumbh’.
Confirming her foray into the small screen, Seema told reporters here that it was a new medium for her which was basically a writer’s medium. The actor said she had taken up the project on a friend’s request.
The shooting was likely to be in Varanasi, but it had been held up due to rains, she said. The acclaimed actor said she was still waiting for roles that would challenge her.
Seema, who has to her credit a Malayalam film ‘Shantam’, said if good offers came, she would like to do more films in the language.
She is here to perform a one-act play ‘StreerPatra’, a Hindi adaptation of Rabindranath Tagore’s drama, tomorrow. The 45-minute Hindi play, will be directed by Seema herself.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The actor also launched the logo of ‘Ekaharya’, a performance festival conducted by Rajeev Varma memorial trust at nearby Tripunithura at the Ernakulam Press club.
Ekaharya festival will be held from December 25-28 at the Tripunithura Kalikotta Palace here.