Film producer Smita Thackeray is elated that a biopic on her late father-in-law, Shiv Sena founder Balasaheb Thackeray, is underway. She believes his life’s story needs to be told to the whole world.
Her son Rahul is directing the film.
It was in August last year that the biopic on Balasaheb Thackeray was announced. “Mary Kom” director Omung Kumar and Sandeep Singh, who recently produced “Sarbjit” together, are also producers of the film along with Rashid Saeed and Smita.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s Marathi coach for Thackeray: Nawaz’s voice is husky and Balasaheb’s voice was sharp
- Amitabh Bachchan at Bal Thackeray biopic launch: Balasaheb was like a father figure to me
- Don’t know if I am suitable for Bal Thackeray biopic, says Akshay Kumar
- Smita Thackeray proud of her son for Balasaheb’s biopic
- All my learning from Rajkumar Hirani: Bal Thackeray’s grandson
- Biopic on Bal Thackeray is an important and emotional issue, says grandson Aditya Thackeray
“Balasaheb has always been an enigma and a legend for both his followers and his family. It is always an honour to be a part of his journey,” Smita said in a statement.
“I believe his life’s story needs to be shared and I am glad that my son, Rahul, has taken up the challenge on making this biopic on his grandfather and my father-in-law ‘Saheb’,” she added.
The film “Saheb” will go on the floors in October and will depict the life of Balasaheb Thackeray from the vision of his grandson Rahul.
The cast of the film is yet to be finalised.