Earlier there were reports that Riteish Deshmukh, who was an integral part of the previous two installments in the ‘Masti’ series, had apparently backed out of the third installment, only to return to the series later. Now we hear that the film featuring Riteish Deshmukh, Vivek Oberoi and Aftab Shivdasani has finally been titled as ‘Great Grand Masti’.
Confirming the same, writer of the film Tusshar Hiranandani says, “Yes, the third installment in the ‘Masti’ series is titled ‘Great Grand Masti’ and we are looking at going on floors somewhere in May this year.” When prodded about the cast he adds, “Riteish, Vivek and Aftab will be featuring in the film; however we are yet to lock the lead actresses for the same.”
- 'Great Grand Masti' cast Riteish Deshmukh, Vivek Oberoi, Aftab Shivdasani shoot for last schedule
- Riteish Deshmukh paired opposite Puja Banerjee in 'Great Grand Masti'
- 'Great Grand Masti' retains flavour of first part: Vivek Oberoi
- Aftab Shivdasani crowns Riteish Deshmukh legend of adult comedies
- Aftab Shivdasani's 'comic timing' helps him bag films
- Riteish Deshmukh is a legend in adult comedies: Vivek Oberoi
If that wasn’t all we also hear that Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Motion Pictures will be backing the film. “Yes its true Balaji has come on board as the co-producers for Great Grand Masti, that will be directed by Indra Kumar”, confirms Tanveer Bookwala COO of Balaji Motion Pictures.
‘Great Grand Masti’ will be co-produced by Balaji and Ashoke Thakaria and is slated to go on floors in mid-May this year.