Director Kabir Khan says he has tried to show the good values of helping each other on screen through “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”.
The Salman Khan-starrer movie shows how the people of Indian and Pakistan reunite for a good cause.
When asked if he had any personal experience in this regard, Kabir says, “No, you don’t require experience for this. It is about values that you grow up on, so we are showing those values on screen.”
In “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”, Salman plays the role of Pawan, an Indian, who helps a mute Pakistani girl Munni reach her home.
Salman had tweeted that the Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan should watch “Bajrangi Bhaijaan”.
- EXCLUSIVE I always saw Kapil Dev in Ranveer Singh: 83 director Kabir Khan
- EXCLUSIVE | Kabir Khan on Tubelight failure: Hope it doesn't make Salman Khan wary of experimenting
- Watch video: Before Eid al-Adha, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif give you a perfect Eidi
- Kabir Khan on Tubelight box office performance: I'm disappointed
- National Awards are only relevant awards left today: Kabir Khan
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan': Salman Khan’s special Eid release
To this, Kabir says, “Children get lost and every child doesn’t get a Bajrangi in his or her life. So there has to be a sensibility towards these things.
“What we do is if terrorists do something or something is happening at government level, we put the responsibility on a person, which is not right. We should not transfer the issues or problems to people, as in that people suffer. If you meet Pakistanis in Dubai, London or the US. We are one then… they are loving, caring,” the director said.
Kabir feels that though social media is a good platform, there are people who abuse and that should stop.
The film, which has been getting good response from the audience since its release on July 17, has been shot primarily in Kashmir.
“Salman said he wanted to do cardio so we did trekking and went to the shoot. I have a love for finding locations… we try and get nice locations,” Kabir said.
Apart from Salman, “Bajrangi Bhaijaan” stars Kareena Kapoor Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.