Actress Deepika Padukone feels her upcoming film “Bajirao Mastani” was more draining than “Ram Leela”.
In Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Bajirao Mastani”, Deepika plays the role of Mastani.
“It has been very difficult. It has been the toughest film of my career. I don’t like to talk about the effort one has put into, as eventually what is portrayed on screen matters,” Deepika told reporters here.
“I worked very hard for this film. When we did ‘Ram Leela’ it was emotionally and physically draining film, but now…’Ram Leela’ feels easy and effortless in comparison to “Bajirao Mastani”,” the 29-year-old actress said.
Deepika reveals that besides shooting for long hours, the team had to devote lot of time for the film’s preparation.
“We shot for 10-14 hours, did horse riding, fight lessons, dance rehearsals, dialogue session. Sir (Bhansali) was involved every time,” she said.
The actress says she was inspired by the Mastani’s qualities. “It was very inspiring (role). I wish she was alive today, I wish I could meet her, see her, interact with her. I will be meeting her family soon,” Deepika said.
“It was not about her beauty, strength, being a lover or nurturer and warrior. I think all women have these qualities in them,” she said.
- Deepika Padukone’s highest grossing films: From Padmaavat to Race 2
- Deepika Padukone receives a gift from Rekha. See photo
- Padmaavat director Sanjay Leela Bhansali on Deepika Padukone: I’m not done with her yet
- Before Padmaavat, here’s looking at the box office performance of Deepika Padukone’s last five films
- Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh to tie the knot on January 5? Here’s the truth
- ‘Bajirao Mastani’ toughest film of my career: Deepika Padukone
Deepika feels the qualities of Mastani are something that every woman has.
“We may not be warrior, but we women have survival and fighting instinct. Every woman is a lover and nurturer. All these qualities are there in every woman,” she said.
Some portions of the film are yet to be shot, which Deepika says will be completed by this month-end.
“We would be done by the end of this month. We have three weeks of work left. After that, it will be wrap up on “Bajirao Mastani”. The trailer will be out next month,” she added.