Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ has been going strong at the box office and has collected Rs. 149.35 cr . Challenging its contemporary, ‘Dilwale’ starring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, the film has come out with flying colours at the box office.
The movie, which started on an average business on December 18, has been sailing smooth so far and the second weekend which came along with an extra Christmas holiday has benefited the film. On Friday (December 2) Dilwale earned Rs. 8.11 cr while ‘Bajirao Mastani’ earned a 12.25 cr. There was a slight dip in the collections of the movie on Saturday (December 26) which was Rs. 10.30 cr and the Sunday (December 28) collections again went up to Rs. 11.75 cr. On Monday, the movie grossed Rs. 5.60 cr, Rs. 5.40 cr on Tuesday, Rs 5.05 cr on Wednesday, Rs. 5.35 cr on Thursday and Rs. 7.50 cr on Friday. The total collections of Sanjay Leela Bhansali movie has gone up to Rs. 149.35 cr in India alone. (Read: Shah Rukh Khan’s Dilwale crosses Rs. 100 cr in India, Deepika’s ‘Bajirao Mastani’ picking up pace)
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Trade Analyst Taran Adarsh who had earlier tweeted saying that the gap between the two has been narrowing as ‘Bajirao Mastani’ has picked pace in the second week, tweeted:
#BajiraoMastani [Week 2] Fri 12.25 cr, Sat 10.30 cr, Sun 11.75 cr, Mon 5.60 cr, Tue 5.40 cr, Wed 5.05 cr. Total: ₹ 136.50 cr. SUPERB!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) December 31, 2015
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) December 26, 2015
#BajiraoMastani [Week 2] Thu 5.35 cr [Week 3] Fri 7.50 cr [estimates]. Total: ₹ 149.35 cr. India biz. OUTSTANDING!
— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) January 2, 2016
Sanjay Leela Bhansali has once again proved his efficiency with ‘Bajirao Mastani’. The film which faced bans in certain parts of the country has carved out its part and it yet going strong. With another day of this weekend, we might as well see the total collections going even higher.