Veteran actor Alok Nath, who is Twitterati’s favourite subject for humour, finally joined the social networking site on June 26. The actor, close to his ‘Babuji’ image, wished the Twitterati ‘Pranam’.
Pranaam Twitter world! Finally attending the party you guys threw for me. Let's hope it's a good one. Cheers!
— Alok Nath (@aloknath) June 26, 2014
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The actor, known for his fatherly roles in films like “Maine Pyar Kiya”, “Hum Saath-Saath Hain” and “Vivah” and TV shows like “Piya Ka Ghar” and “Astitva – Ek Prem Kahani”, has no qualms about people cracking jokes on him or his popular character “Babuji”.
In the last six months, there have been close to 2,00,000 tweets about him and his character.
“I’m excited to join Twitter since people have popularised my character on it and I’m happy to now finally share the real Alok Nath with the world. It feels like there was a party thrown in my honour and I didn’t attend.”
“So I’m attending now, fashionably later than never and I’m looking forward to engaging with my fans and friends in real-time,” he said in a statement.
Alok Nath, who was the butt of all jokes on Twitter with his ‘sanskar and ashirwad’ related humour, got a cheeky welcome from model-actress Poonam Pandey.
The actress known for her extremely bold image on Twitter, posted a picture wearing an ethnic dress saying, “GR8 to see Sri @aloknath on Twitter. … Sir This is a Welcoming Pic for You.”
She further joked, “First day on Twitter of Sri @aloknath Made mw Change my DP …. Lot more Sankars to Learn from Him #AloknathEffect.”
— Poonam Pandey (@iPoonampandey) June 26, 2014
If Poonam Pandey was not enough, the ‘sanskar and ashirvad’ humour was rehashed by fans to welcome their ‘babuji’.
So twitter is all of the sudden totaly sanskaari @aloknath
— Khushboo S (@Khushboo_Sharma) June 26, 2014
— Pawan Bhatia (@pawanbhatia83) June 26, 2014
— Shobhit Sujay (@shobhitsujay) June 26, 2014
@aloknath Padhariye Krishankant ji! Kya seva karein aapki? Jalpaan lenge aap?
— Anish Desai (@anishrap) June 26, 2014
Normal Account: 'What's in Happening' Alok Nath's Account: 'आज का सुविचार क्या है?'
— Bhaiyyaji (@bhaiyyajispeaks) June 26, 2014
Damn it. Damn it. @aloknath has joined Twitter. The end of inappropriate jokes and non-sanskar comments.
— Rituparna Chatterjee (@MasalaBai) June 26, 2014
The actor is set to play “Babuji” again for a new family comedy series “Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai”. Produced by FRAMES and directed by Rajan Waghdhare, the show will hit SAB TV July 7.