SS Rajamouli‘s ‘Baahubali’ is still minting money at box office even after 50 days of its release. The movie made a whopping Rs. 120 crore in the first 50 days of its release through its dubbed Hindi version. The movie had collected Rs. 500 cr in just first three weeks of its release.
Prabhas and Rana Daggubati-starrer hit around 4,000 screens worldwide in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and Malayalam languages.
Also starring Ramya Krishna, Anushka and Tamannaah in the lead roles, the film is touted as one of the most expensive films made in the country with a reported budget of about Rs 200 crore.
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh starrer Padmaavat enters the coveted Rs 300 crore club in 50 days
- How Baahubali 2 became the biggest film of 2017: A look back at the SS Rajamouli film’s earth-shattering box office performance
- Baahubali 2 box office collection day 21: SS Rajamouli film creates Rs 1500-crore club
- Baahubali 2 set to cross Rs 100 crore in Tamil Nadu, destroys Rajinikanth’s Kabali records
- Baahubali 2 box office collection: Prabhas film rules North America, Australia and New Zealand, gets a rare release in Russia too
- Baahubali 2 will beat opening day collection of Baahubali: The Beginning? Absolutely yes, claim trade predictions
The film, much appreciated for its visual and other special effects, is a period action drama that took nearly three years to complete.
However, the film left the narrative incomplete as a second part is expected to be released next year. Presented by ace filmmaker Karan Johar in Hindi, the movie received appreciation from veterans like Amitabh Bachchan.
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is the latest film personality to praise the hard work that had gone into the making of the movie.
This is the first film in the country to have performed exponentially at the box office.