National award-winning film Baahubali: The Beginning, Bajirao Mastani and Salman Khan-starrer Sultan will be part of the Indian Panorama section at 47th International Film Festival of India in Goa next month. Akshay Kumar-starrer patriotic drama Airlift will also be screened at the extravaganza to be held from November 20 to November 28.
The other 22 feature films in the section are Marathi blockbuster Sairat, Sanskrit movie ISHTI, which is also the opening film of the feature section, Bengali drama
Shankhachil and Tamil sports drama Irudhi Suttru. The non-feature film section jury has picked 21 films out of 198 eligible entries. The jury has recommended, Ima Sabitri directed by Bobo KH, as the opening non-feature film under the category.
National Award winning film Amdavad Ma Famous directed by Hardik Mehta will also be screened in the section. The Feature Film Section Jury is headed by filmmaker Rajendra Singh Babu, while documentary filmmaker Arvind Sinha
chairs the non-feature film section jury.
Apart from this, the festival will also have a special section to showcase award-winning short films based on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiative ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The short films were awarded at the Swachh Bharat Film Festival, organised and curated by National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) on the behalf of Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, recently.
The festival received 4,346 entries, of which 20 were shortlisted and awarded.
Short film Murga, helmed by debutante director Katyayan Shivpuri, will be the opening film at IFFI under the special section of short films.
The short was awarded the first prize at the Swachh Bharat Film Festival at the hands of Information & Broadcasting Minister M Venkaiah Naidu. Other short films that will be screened under the special section include “Nanha Doot” by Sudhanshu Sharma, Chembuku Moodindi (The Dying Vessel) by KVK Kumar, “Sarkarmi Rati Wadho” by Akshay Danavale, Manini by Praveen Vyas among others.