Arjun Rampal said that award shows have lost their charm these days even as he hailed the National award in high esteem. “It (national award) is very dear to me. There is so many awards shows happening these days that they (award shows) have lost charm. I know there will be an expectation (about winning the national award this time) but I am not under pressure (to win the award),” Arjun told PTI.
The 43-year-old actor had won his maiden National award for his 2008 musical drama film Rock On. He is reprising his role of Joe in Rock On 2, the first ever sequel of a musical in Bollywood. The musical drama film, directed by Shujaat Saudagar, is scheduled to release on November 11.
Arjun said, “There were offers to play the role of a musician but I did not want to do it. I did not want to do it (musician role) because I had done it (with ‘Rock On’) beyond my expectations. I had surpassed the expectations. There was always talk about ‘Rock On 2’, so I wanted to preserve it.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Rock On 2 also stars Farhan Akhtar, Purab Kohli and Shraddha Kapoor in lead roles. It is sequel to Rock On -2008. The first film was atory about reunion of freinds who came together for their musical band- Magik.