Asin got married to Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma on January 19 in a Christian wedding ceremony followed by Hindu rituals near Delhi. The 30-year-old ‘Ghajini’ star tied the knot in a simple, private ceremony attended by family and close friends at a resort hotel.
The Catholic style wedding, which took place in the morning around 11, had Asin dressed in a white gown and Rahul, 39, sporting a black suit and bow tie.
It was a beautiful wedding. Everyone looked amazing. It was Asin’s idea to have a Catholic wedding. We all are very happy,” said a close relative of Rahul.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Asin and Rahul’s close friend Akshay Kumar, who was also the Best Man at the wedding, shared a picture with the newlyweds.
Akshay, who has also been promoting Airlift, wished the couple a Happy married life.
Wishing d Happy Couple,Asin & Rahul a lifetime of Love & Adventures, indeed made 4 each other. Love & prayers always pic.twitter.com/PiL1QR1fGk
— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) January 20, 2016
Bollywood superstar and couple’s close friend Akshay Kumar attended the function. Delhi-based music group Elohim Worship band performed at the wedding.
“Everything went great at the wedding. We played 2-3 songs. Asin looked beautiful in her white gown. We had a rehearsal yesterday,” said a band member.
The evening ceremony, which included jai mala and pheras, atypical of North Indian wedding, was also attended by Akshay Kumar. The groom arrived in an open car for the baarat. Both the functions were kept private with tight security arranged at the hotel entrance.
Asin was pretty in a Sabyasachi lehenga for the evening wedding ceremony.
Asin’s fan page had shared pictures of the hotel earlier in the day.
— Asin Thottumkal FC (@Actor_AsinFC) January 17, 2016
Asin also posted photos of her wedding card on Instagram.
A get-together is expected to take place tomorrow at Rahul’s farmhouse. The couple will also hold a reception in Mumbai later.
It was revealed in August last year that the duo was seeing each other and was set to marry. Asin, known to be a private person, remained mostly silent on her love life.
Akshay, Asin’s co-star in “Housefull 2” and “Khiladi 786”, had played the cupid by introducing the couple. (Akshay Kumar gets the first card of Asin’s wedding reception)
Asin, who made her Bollywood debut opposite superstar Aamir Khan in “Ghajini”, was last seen in 2015 comedy “All Is Well”. She has wrapped up all her Bollywood assignments and has taken a sabbatical from acting. Yes, I introduced Asin to Rahul Sharma: Akshay Kumar on playing matchmaker
(With PTI Inputs)