Asin got married to Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma on January 19 in a Christian wedding ceremony followed by Hindu rituals near Delhi. The 30-year-old ‘Ghajini’ star tied the knot in a simple, private ceremony attended by family and close friends at a resort hotel.
The Catholic style wedding, which took place in the morning around 11, had Asin dressed in a white gown and Rahul, 39, sporting a black suit and bow tie.
It was a beautiful wedding. Everyone looked amazing. It was Asin’s idea to have a Catholic wedding. We all are very happy,” said a close relative of Rahul.
Asin and Rahul’s close friend Akshay Kumar, who was also the Best Man at the wedding, shared a picture with the newlyweds.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Akshay, who has also been promoting Airlift, wished the couple a Happy married life.
Wishing d Happy Couple,Asin & Rahul a lifetime of Love & Adventures, indeed made 4 each other. Love & prayers always pic.twitter.com/PiL1QR1fGk
— Akshay Kumar (@akshaykumar) January 20, 2016
Bollywood superstar and couple’s close friend Akshay Kumar attended the function. Delhi-based music group Elohim Worship band performed at the wedding.
“Everything went great at the wedding. We played 2-3 songs. Asin looked beautiful in her white gown. We had a rehearsal yesterday,” said a band member.
The evening ceremony, which included jai mala and pheras, atypical of North Indian wedding, was also attended by Akshay Kumar. The groom arrived in an open car for the baarat. Both the functions were kept private with tight security arranged at the hotel entrance.
Asin was pretty in a Sabyasachi lehenga for the evening wedding ceremony.
Asin’s fan page had shared pictures of the hotel earlier in the day.
— Asin Thottumkal FC (@Actor_AsinFC) January 17, 2016
Asin also posted photos of her wedding card on Instagram.
A get-together is expected to take place tomorrow at Rahul’s farmhouse. The couple will also hold a reception in Mumbai later.
It was revealed in August last year that the duo was seeing each other and was set to marry. Asin, known to be a private person, remained mostly silent on her love life.
Akshay, Asin’s co-star in “Housefull 2” and “Khiladi 786”, had played the cupid by introducing the couple. (Akshay Kumar gets the first card of Asin’s wedding reception)
Asin, who made her Bollywood debut opposite superstar Aamir Khan in “Ghajini”, was last seen in 2015 comedy “All Is Well”. She has wrapped up all her Bollywood assignments and has taken a sabbatical from acting. Yes, I introduced Asin to Rahul Sharma: Akshay Kumar on playing matchmaker
(With PTI Inputs)