Filmmaker Ashutosh Gowariker says he had no plans to make an acting comeback with Priyanka Chopra’s home production film Ventilator, but director Rajesh Mapuskar persuaded him to come on board. “I am coming on-screen after 18 years as an actor. There is a lot of expectation and I hope people accept me once again. I had no intention of becoming an actor again. I was busy with film direction,” Gowariker said.
“When Rajesh Mapuskar came to me I told him I won’t be able to do it because I was busy working of Mohenjo-Daro and it will take time. He seem to be OK and waited for me for six months. He persuaded me and then finally I came on board for the film,” he added.
Gowariker started his career as an actor, making his debut in 1984 with director Ketan Mehta’s movie, Holi, he went on to star in several television serials, including Circus, CID and films like Naam, Chamatkar and Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa. The filmmaker said he is open to acting provided he gets an interesting offer.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“As of now there are no acting offers, if anything interesting comes up then I shall take it.” Gowariker, 52, is currently busy working on his next directorial venture. “I am scripting something right now and it should be ready in few months,” he added. On the directorial front, Ashutosh Gowariker’s recent release was Hrithik Roshan-starrer Mohenjo Daro. The film, which released on August 25, also marked the debut of the former beauty pageant holder, Pooja Hegde.