Legendary playback singer Asha Bhosale will be paying a tribute to late husband and music maestro R D Burman at the Global Indian Music Academy Awards (GiMA) 2014 scheduled to be held here next week.
The veteran is all set to bring in a wave of nostalgia with popular renditions like –‘Mera Naam Shabnam’, ‘Dum Maro Dum’, ‘Gulaabi Chehera’, ‘Aa Dekhe Zara’, ‘Piya Tu Ab To Aaja’– among others on January 20.
The extravaganza will also see rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh bring people to their feet with his latest hits. Actress Sonakshi Sinha will add a hint of glamour as she will be performing to her blockbuster hits. Mika Singh too will entertain in his flamboyant style.
A host of promising artistes including Aditya Narayan, Shefali Alvares, Ankit Tiwari, Sreeram, Bhoomi, Aditi Singh Sharma, Siddharth Mahadevan and Nikhil Paul George will come together in a very special act, rendering chart busters of the year gone by.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
GiMA provides a unified platform to celebrate and recognise those who push the boundaries of Indian Music, across a wide range of film and non-film music genres.
The event will be held at National Sports Club of India (NSCI) Stadium here.