Director Subhash Kapoor and Arshad Warsi are reuniting after ‘Jolly LLB’ for another comedy titled ‘Guddu Rangeela’.
The film, to be produced by Fox Star Studios and Sangeeta Ahir of Mangal Murti Films, will see Arshad playing the role of Rangeela. Actor Amit Sadh will star as Guddu while Aditi Rao Hydari will play the role of Baby.
Kapoor will begin shooting the film next month with an aim to release the film in the first quarter of next year.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Set in north India, ‘Guddu Rangeela’ is a story that will bring a smile on everyone’s face. I am glad to once again partner with Fox Star Studios and together we hope to re-create the magic of ‘Jolly LLB’. We have an excellent ensemble cast led by Arshad, Amit and Aditi. I am grateful to my producer Sangeeta Ahir for believing in the journey of ‘Guddu and Rangeela’,” Kapoor said in a statement.
Ahir said she decided to partner with Kapoor after watching his courtroom comedy ‘Jolly LLB’
“We believe in Subhash’s vision and are looking forward to partnering once more, on what is going to be an exciting cinematic journey! We welcome Sangeeta Ahir on board as a producer and are hoping to set new benchmarks with ‘Guddu Rangeela’,” said Vijay Singh, CEO Fox Star Studios.
‘Guddu Rangeela’ will be shot in Shimla, Ludhiana, Chandigarh and other locations in North India.