Armed with audio recordings obtained through a sting operation, Rabiya Khan, the mother of deceased actor Jiah Khan, has moved the Bombay High Court again, alleging her daughter was murdered. Rabya said she conducted a sting operation of the prime witnesses in the case, which allegedly revealed that their statements had been manipulated by the Juhu police.
Rabya (53) claimed she had audio recordings of each of these five witnesses which strengthen her belief that Jiah was murdered. Rabya has sought a transfer of the probe to a Special Investigation Team. Rabya has earlier claimed she was threatened by a man, who allegedly met her at her house on February 25 and asked her to withdraw her case. She promptly reported this to Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria via e-mail. Confirming that her complaint had been received, Maria said he had asked the police station concerned to file an offence.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Witnesses contacted by Rabya Khan
Surendra Yadav: the watchman of Jiah Khan’s building. Yadav, who was at the gate of the building on the day Sooraj Pancholi’s domestic help Deva came with a bouquet, has told Rabya in a recorded conversation that Deva had visited Jiah’s house twice in a span of six minutes. Yadav’s statement as recorded by the Juhu police, however, states that Deva had gone to the building only once, but left when he realised he had forgotten a card which said ‘All the Best’.
Shankar and Bahule: owner of the flower shop from where Sooraj had ordered a bouquet. Shankar and Bahule have told Rabya that Deva had come to their shop only once and taken the bouquet along with the card with ‘All The Best’ printed on it. Their statements recorded by the police, however, say that Deva had come to their shop twice as he had forgotten the card.
Dr Agarwal: the doctor who came to the house after Jiah’s body was discovered. After Dr Aggarwal examined Jiah, he had stated that her pupils were “dilated and fixed.” He further stated that he recommended that the police be called. Dr Agarwal has also confirmed in his tape-recorded conversation that he has not seen any froth or saliva from the mouth of Jiah. However, his statement as recorded by police states that Jiah’s eyes had popped out. The police, according to Rabya, have tried to twist the case by saying that the deceased was declared dead in Cooper Hospital, whereas Dr Agarwal confirmed that Jiah had been pronounced dead at the spot.
Anju Mahendru: Rabya Khan’s friend . Contrary to the police statement, Mahendru has stated that she has not opened the window at the house, as it was already open when she and her friend Munnu went to the balcony to smoke. She has categorically stated that there was only one knot to the rope that was around Jiah’s neck, and not two to three as mentioned in her police statement. Mahendru has also told Rabya that there was no froth and Jiah’s eyes were closed, mouth was shut and there was a single knot behind the ear as well as a major injury mark below the chin.
Mahendru has also said she was asked by one of the police officers whether the round injury mark on Jiah’s face could have been caused by her bangles. She has also said that police had asked why there was no grill in the house.
Dr Rahul Dutta: Jiah’s Doctor. Dr Dutta has told Rabya that he had met Jiah once before and realised that she was depressed, but that she did not have any suicidal tendencies. However, in his statement recorded by the police, Dr Dutta has said that Jiah had tried to commit suicide earlier.