Armed with audio recordings obtained through a sting operation, Rabiya Khan, the mother of deceased actor Jiah Khan, has moved the Bombay High Court again, alleging her daughter was murdered. Rabya said she conducted a sting operation of the prime witnesses in the case, which allegedly revealed that their statements had been manipulated by the Juhu police.
Rabya (53) claimed she had audio recordings of each of these five witnesses which strengthen her belief that Jiah was murdered. Rabya has sought a transfer of the probe to a Special Investigation Team. Rabya has earlier claimed she was threatened by a man, who allegedly met her at her house on February 25 and asked her to withdraw her case. She promptly reported this to Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria via e-mail. Confirming that her complaint had been received, Maria said he had asked the police station concerned to file an offence.
Witnesses contacted by Rabya Khan
Surendra Yadav: the watchman of Jiah Khan’s building. Yadav, who was at the gate of the building on the day Sooraj Pancholi’s domestic help Deva came with a bouquet, has told Rabya in a recorded conversation that Deva had visited Jiah’s house twice in a span of six minutes. Yadav’s statement as recorded by the Juhu police, however, states that Deva had gone to the building only once, but left when he realised he had forgotten a card which said ‘All the Best’.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Shankar and Bahule: owner of the flower shop from where Sooraj had ordered a bouquet. Shankar and Bahule have told Rabya that Deva had come to their shop only once and taken the bouquet along with the card with ‘All The Best’ printed on it. Their statements recorded by the police, however, say that Deva had come to their shop twice as he had forgotten the card.
Dr Agarwal: the doctor who came to the house after Jiah’s body was discovered. After Dr Aggarwal examined Jiah, he had stated that her pupils were “dilated and fixed.” He further stated that he recommended that the police be called. Dr Agarwal has also confirmed in his tape-recorded conversation that he has not seen any froth or saliva from the mouth of Jiah. However, his statement as recorded by police states that Jiah’s eyes had popped out. The police, according to Rabya, have tried to twist the case by saying that the deceased was declared dead in Cooper Hospital, whereas Dr Agarwal confirmed that Jiah had been pronounced dead at the spot.
Anju Mahendru: Rabya Khan’s friend . Contrary to the police statement, Mahendru has stated that she has not opened the window at the house, as it was already open when she and her friend Munnu went to the balcony to smoke. She has categorically stated that there was only one knot to the rope that was around Jiah’s neck, and not two to three as mentioned in her police statement. Mahendru has also told Rabya that there was no froth and Jiah’s eyes were closed, mouth was shut and there was a single knot behind the ear as well as a major injury mark below the chin.
Mahendru has also said she was asked by one of the police officers whether the round injury mark on Jiah’s face could have been caused by her bangles. She has also said that police had asked why there was no grill in the house.
Dr Rahul Dutta: Jiah’s Doctor. Dr Dutta has told Rabya that he had met Jiah once before and realised that she was depressed, but that she did not have any suicidal tendencies. However, in his statement recorded by the police, Dr Dutta has said that Jiah had tried to commit suicide earlier.