Arjun Rampal may have played a diverse range of roles in his 15 years of film career but the actor says his part in the upcoming thriller Kahaani 2: Durga Rani Singh has astonished him like never before. The 43-year-old star, who is in the role of sub-inspector Inderjeet Singh in Sujoy Ghosh’s directorial venture, says his character in the sequel to the 2012 hit is special.
“Kahaani 2 is one of the most special movies that I have done. When I saw the film what I was very pleased about was that no one has seen me in that light before. It is something very new and different for me as well. So, I was quite surprised watching myself in the film.,” Arjun said.
The actor says he always wanted to venture into thriller genre but was waiting for a good script. “I really wanted to do a good thriller and I think Kahaani 2 lends itself to being that. I’m very proud of this movie. And also very happy at the same time.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Arjun feels that he had to stand out in front of actor Vidya Balan, because she was amazing in the first part as well as Parambrata Chatterjee, who played Inspector Satyaki Sinha in the previous version.
The Rock On actor said, “You always have to up your game as Vidya is a phenomenal actor. And when you have good material and good actors around you, your performance automatically becomes better. You also enjoy working with such people and I think that’s the nicest thing for an actor and also very satisfying when you get work like that.”
Also read | Kahani 2 has a universal story: Vidya Balan
Arjun believes that making sequel is a “huge responsibility” as people attached to the project have to make sure that they do justice to the original film. “It is a big challenge to make a sequel especially when you are making the sequel of a cult movie. It’s a huge responsibility on the makers, producers and as well as on the actors.”
He continued, “You have to stay true to its characters and at the same time be very true to the audience. Because if the audience is going to come they will come with the expectations whether you like it or not. There will be strong comparisons.”
Raajneeti star also says he is very deliberate when it comes to selecting a film as he tries to be as divergent as possible in his movies. “I’m very selective about my work. I try to be as different as I can in each film. And That’s a very conscious decision of mine that is why I do very less work. But, every time I do something it has to be something invoked within me like Kahaani 2. Something which allows me not just to scratch it on a surface level but also to go deep into the character.”