Actor Arjun Rampal says he is as clueless as everyone about Farhan Akhtar’s role in upcoming Arun Gawli biopic Daddy. Reports of Farhan Akhtar playing don Dawood Ibrahim in Daddy have been doing the rounds since his pictures from the set of the movie got leaked. The movie stars Arjun, 43, in the lead role of gangster-turned-politician Gawli. “I don’t know, who is saying he is playing Dawood, you (media) all are saying that (Farhan is playing Dawood). It’s a surprise for me and for the film,” Arjun said.
The makers of Daddy also wanted to keep Arjun’s look under wraps but an onset picture of him got leaked. The actor said he is upset with the leak as he wanted to unveil the look in special way. “I was very upset when the look was out as somebody sneakily took (captured) the picture. It is very disappointing. I am not happy. There is a technique. We have spent time on all this and I wanted to unveil the look in a
special way,” he said.
Arjun was roped in the film because of his uncanny resemblance to Arun Gawli, a gangster turned politician. A prosthetic specialist from Italy has been working on Arjun’s look. While the model-turned-actor is much taller than Gawli, his resemblance after prosthetic has been grabbing eyeballs every now and then.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The film has been shot at real locations and will cover Gawli’s life from his 20’s to his 60’s. On the work front, Arjun is busy promoting Kahaani 2, which stars Vidya Balan in the lead role.