“Sonu is my favourite singer. He has never given his voice to me for a film, so I hope it happens soon… I’ll request him that next time if there is a chance, I would like him to be my voice,” Arjun said on the sidelines of the Mirchi Music Awards night here.
Among the experienced lot of singers, singer-composer Shankar Mahadevan has sung for Arjun in “2 States” and Bappi Lahiri playbacked for him in “Gunday”. But it is mostly the fairly newer lot of singers like Arijit Singh, Mika Singh, Javed Ali, Vishal Dadlani and Benny Dayal who have sung for Arjun.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The actor said his all-time favourite song is “Bol na halke halke” from “Jhoom Barabar Jhoom”.
The trailer and songs of Arjun’s next film “Ki and Ka”, directed by R. Balki, opposite Kareena Kapoor Khan have managed to generate substantial buzz. About his favourite song from the film, he said: “Mithoon’s song ‘Ji Huzoori’ is outstanding because it is very relevant to relationships today. If you see today, issues crop up in relationships when there are misunderstandings, when we don’t communicate enough.
“If you hear the lines of the song which are well-written, you will observe that nowadays our relationships suffer because everybody says that there is no time, but that doesn’t mean that you don’t love that person… So I really like that song.”