‘2 States’ is a huge hit at the box office and should be crossing 100 crore this weekend. In the process, Arjun Kapoor is all set to break his own record (and that too as a solo lead) of ‘Gunday’ which had accumulated Rs. 78 crore at the box office. With the film, he has also moved out of the ‘angry young man’ image that he had soon started developing, courtesy ‘Ishaqzaade’, ‘Aurangzeb’ and ‘Gunday’.
So can he say that with ‘2 States’ to his name, he has escaped from being typecast in only a particular kind of role?
“See, har picture ki ek alag duniya hoti hai. A relatively new entrant like me is just 3-4 films old and I am sure that audience doesn’t typecast an actor so early. I am not worried about any slotting happening for me per se as yet,” says Arjun in a composed tone.
As for conscious effort being put into an image changer exercise, Arjun reveals in a matter of fact tone that actually he had first signed ‘2 States’ and then ‘Gunday’.
“This shows that I am not shying away from the action zone,” says Arjun, “I love playing different characters and then there are also layers in different characters. A lot also depends on the setting of a film. Like, ‘Ishaqzaade’ was set in a small town which exists in reality. On the other hand, ‘Gunday’ was about a world which doesn’t exist. As for ‘2 States’, it was as real a setting that one can expect and moreover the film’s treatment wasn’t stylized either. I am glad that the film has managed such a heartwarming and overwhelming response from all over.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Now one looks forward to what Arjun has to offer in ‘Finding Fanny’ and ‘Tevar’, his next two releases, which would be releasing before close of year.