Shahid Kapoor was supposed to start the film’s shoot in November 2014, but it was delayed due to his impending marriage in July. The ‘Haider’ actor was also busy with his pending projects including Vikas Bahl’s ‘Shaandaar’ and Abhishek Chaubey’s ‘Udta Punjab’ which further delayed the film’s shoot.
- Arjun Kapoor on Padmavati row: Sanjay Leela Bhansali's vision must be trusted
- Arjun Kapoor on Sandeep Aur Pinky Farar: The film deals with emerging ideologies of 'Bharat' and 'India'
- Shahid Kapoor's next Batti Gul Meter Chalu to be helmed by Toilet: Ek Prem Katha director
- Arjun Kapoor missed the lead role in Kapil Dev biopic to Ranveer Singh. Read what he has to say
- Arjun Kapoor is prepared to handle link-up rumours with Parineeti Chopra
- Photos: Padmavati actor Shahid Kapoor is training like a fearless knight and we can't take out eyes off him
According to a report published in DNA, the director duo, have now approached Arjun Kapoor for their upcoming film replacing Shahid Kapoor as the lead. Arjun, who has reportedly heard the narration, seems to have liked the script.
The film also has Kriti Sanon and Nawazuddin Siddiqui in prominent roles.