Actor-turned-producer Sanjay Kapoor says his newphew actor Arjun Kapoor has improved with every film and that he is best in action roles.
Arjun Kapoor’s chacha Sanjay is producing ‘Tevar’ starring Arjun and Sonakshi Sinha, which is the remake of a south film ‘Okkadu’.
“As a person there are no changes in him as such. On film front, he has improved with every film. He has carried both intense as well as romantic characters very well. He has played different kind of roles in all his films varying from ‘Ishaqzaade’, ‘Aurangzeb’ to ‘2 States’ and has delivered two superhit films and one blockbuster,” Sanjay told PTI.
“I think he is good in action. When I saw him doing action sequences in ‘Tevar’, it was amazing. He is fantastic when it comes to doing action. I was surprised to see him like this. I think this (Tevar) will be Arjun’s biggest hit film so far,” he said.
In the remake, Sanjay said some changes have been made but the basic essence of the story remains the same. “We had seen ‘Okkadu’ and liked the subject. We bought the rights and were excited to remake it in Hindi.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We are making the film keeping in mind the pan-India audience. The film is shaping really well,” he said adding Arjun was always the first choice for ‘Tevar’ and was signed even before ‘Ishaqzaade’ (Arjun’s debut film) had released.
On Sonakshi’s casting, he said, “She fits the role perfectly. Also, pairing of Arjun and Sonakshi was never tried and I think they both look good on screen.”
Sanjay is happy being behind the camera for ‘Tevar’. “I love this process. I wanted to get into production. It was a creative decision to become a producer. Also considering the fact that my family is into production so it was kind of a natural thing for me to do,” Sanjay said.
The film is reportedly scheduled to release in December this year.