Actor-turned-producer Sanjay Kapoor says his newphew actor Arjun Kapoor has improved with every film and that he is best in action roles.
Arjun Kapoor’s chacha Sanjay is producing ‘Tevar’ starring Arjun and Sonakshi Sinha, which is the remake of a south film ‘Okkadu’.
“As a person there are no changes in him as such. On film front, he has improved with every film. He has carried both intense as well as romantic characters very well. He has played different kind of roles in all his films varying from ‘Ishaqzaade’, ‘Aurangzeb’ to ‘2 States’ and has delivered two superhit films and one blockbuster,” Sanjay told PTI.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“I think he is good in action. When I saw him doing action sequences in ‘Tevar’, it was amazing. He is fantastic when it comes to doing action. I was surprised to see him like this. I think this (Tevar) will be Arjun’s biggest hit film so far,” he said.
In the remake, Sanjay said some changes have been made but the basic essence of the story remains the same. “We had seen ‘Okkadu’ and liked the subject. We bought the rights and were excited to remake it in Hindi.
“We are making the film keeping in mind the pan-India audience. The film is shaping really well,” he said adding Arjun was always the first choice for ‘Tevar’ and was signed even before ‘Ishaqzaade’ (Arjun’s debut film) had released.
On Sonakshi’s casting, he said, “She fits the role perfectly. Also, pairing of Arjun and Sonakshi was never tried and I think they both look good on screen.”
Sanjay is happy being behind the camera for ‘Tevar’. “I love this process. I wanted to get into production. It was a creative decision to become a producer. Also considering the fact that my family is into production so it was kind of a natural thing for me to do,” Sanjay said.
The film is reportedly scheduled to release in December this year.