Arjun Kapoor is all set for yet another on screen adaptation of a popular Chetan Bhagat novel ‘Revolution 2020’. The actor has been signed to play one of the leads in this love triangle which was written by this popular novelist in 2011.
After he tasted stupendous success with two Bollywood films in 2014 including Gunday and 2 States, Arjun Kapoor once again has his eyes set on yet another love story created by the same author in which he will be playing the role of Gopal. Set against the backdrop of a corrupt system, ‘Revolution 2020’ talks about unrequited love of Gopal for his childhood friend Aarti and explores his bond with yet another friend Raghav.
Prior to this, the role was offered to Rajkummar Rao and he had even given his nod for the film. However, due to his commitment towards yet another film which marks the comeback of Ramesh Sippy as a director, Rajkummar decided to make an exit. And now, Arjun Kapoor has been taken on board.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Arjun Kapoor too shares a unique bond with Chetan Bhagat novels. He previously played the role of a Punjabi boy named Krish in the film adaptation of Chetan’s novel 2 States where Arjun was an engineering boy hailing from a quintessential Punjabi family and he falls in love with the South Indian Brahmin girl Ananya (played by Alia Bhatt). The film went on to rule the box office with its contemporary peppy music and was declared to be a blockbuster of 2014 after the film entered the 100 crore club.
Revolution 2020 will be produced by UTV and it will be directed by Raj Kumar Gupta. The details of the other characters including the leads Aarti and Raghav are yet to be finalized.
Arjun Kapoor is currently wrapping up the shoot of his upcoming film Tevar starring Sonakshi Sinha, Manoj Bajpayee and it is produced by his uncle Sanjay Kapoor. The film is slated to release on January 9.