Arjun Kapoor is all set for yet another on screen adaptation of a popular Chetan Bhagat novel ‘Revolution 2020’. The actor has been signed to play one of the leads in this love triangle which was written by this popular novelist in 2011.
After he tasted stupendous success with two Bollywood films in 2014 including Gunday and 2 States, Arjun Kapoor once again has his eyes set on yet another love story created by the same author in which he will be playing the role of Gopal. Set against the backdrop of a corrupt system, ‘Revolution 2020’ talks about unrequited love of Gopal for his childhood friend Aarti and explores his bond with yet another friend Raghav.
Prior to this, the role was offered to Rajkummar Rao and he had even given his nod for the film. However, due to his commitment towards yet another film which marks the comeback of Ramesh Sippy as a director, Rajkummar decided to make an exit. And now, Arjun Kapoor has been taken on board.
Arjun Kapoor too shares a unique bond with Chetan Bhagat novels. He previously played the role of a Punjabi boy named Krish in the film adaptation of Chetan’s novel 2 States where Arjun was an engineering boy hailing from a quintessential Punjabi family and he falls in love with the South Indian Brahmin girl Ananya (played by Alia Bhatt). The film went on to rule the box office with its contemporary peppy music and was declared to be a blockbuster of 2014 after the film entered the 100 crore club.
Revolution 2020 will be produced by UTV and it will be directed by Raj Kumar Gupta. The details of the other characters including the leads Aarti and Raghav are yet to be finalized.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Arjun Kapoor is currently wrapping up the shoot of his upcoming film Tevar starring Sonakshi Sinha, Manoj Bajpayee and it is produced by his uncle Sanjay Kapoor. The film is slated to release on January 9.