Anushka Sharma is one feisty woman. The actress has, many times, found herself being criticised for no rhyme or reason on social media. From the lip-job-related controversy to finding herself trolled on multiple occasions after the Indian cricket team’s loss, the Sultan heroine has faced unwarranted trolls on Twitter and other social platforms. While her rumoured beau Virat Kohli once strongly defended her against Twitter trolls, Anushka prefers a more subtle ‘ignorance is bliss’ approach.
When asked how she reacted to trolls, especially when her name was dragged needlessly after Indian team’s loss, Anushka told IndianExpress.com, “I have been trolled for other reasons as well. I don’t have a reaction to it. I am not going to react to a bunch of cowards sitting in front of their computers screens who are insecure and have sh*t idea of themselves. They think so lowly of themselves that they feel ki kisi aur ko neeche girayenge toh unki aukaad badegi. Aise logon ke upar kya react karu.”
- Before Pari hits screens, here’s a look at the box office performance of Anushka Sharma’s last five releases
- Virat Kohli is missing his wife Anushka Sharma, this Instagram photo is a proof
- Anushka Sharma applauds Virat Kohli’s century against South Africa, he credits his win to her
- Anushka Sharma-starrer Pari’s new trailer is giving Twitterati goosebumps
- How Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli’s wedding reminded us of Sharmila Tagore and Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi
- How Anushka Sharma-Virat Kohli defied social media culture and kept their wedding a classy affair
More than feeling angry, Anushka feels sorry for the people responsible for such trolls. “I just feel sorry for them. Initially when it started, I thought what is going on and I might have felt bad then. Today, I feel sorry for them. I also responded today to Karan Johar’s blog on trolls saying that ignorance is bliss but being aware of what people are saying about you and being unaffected is brave. And like what Karan said in his last line, ‘I am just nicer than you’, I believe that is how it is. You just have to be the bigger person,” reasoned Anushka.