Anushka Sharma has surely had more than her share of limelight in the past few days. The ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ actress, who has been at the receiving end of much criticism due to her apparent ‘lip job’, finally released a statement denying the rumours saying she is just using ‘lip enhanching tools’.
Anushka Sharma, who recently appeared on the controversial chat show ‘Koffee with Karan’ along with filmmaker Anurag Kashyap, took to social networking site Twitter, saying that though she is a very private person and felt it necessary to release a statement about her much talked-about lips, owing to the ‘scary direction’ that the story has taken.
Anushka Sharma came under severe criticism for her ‘lip job’ with fans making fun of her on Twitter and even made her trend hours ahead of the show, which was telecast last Sunday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Hellooooo everyone !! Today I am here to talk about my lips !! Yes ! There ! I said it .. My lips! As a person I find it difficult to talk about my personal life and hence have always maintained a low profile choosing to interact with you all on twitter with my random -mostly illogical thoughts seeming like the only thing I feel ok about ..that’s just who I am .. But in today’s time where PR stories and feeding people with information constantly or making appearances is a fad somewhere people like me get lost in translation or in this case translations!, she wrote.
“Lately there has been a LOT of talk about me in this particular episode of Koffee with Karan. Mainly regarding my lips. I am here to just convey what I have to say regarding the same. I am talking about it only because this story has taken a scary direction and things have been ‘blown out of proportion’ (pun intended ;) ) …”
The ‘Bombay Velvet’ actress also claimed that her change is appearance is due to a lip-enhancing tool that she has started using and make-up techniques that she has picked up over the years.
“For a short while now I have been using a temporary lip enhancing tool and that along with make up techniques ( I have learnt over the years) is the reason why there might be a change in the appearance of my lips. Having stated this fact let me very vehemently assure everyone that I have by no means gone ‘under the knife ‘ or done any kind of ‘plastic surgery’ or undergone any intrusive procedure . This was my decision and was done for the sake of my look in my upcoming film Bombay velvet,a period drama where I play a jazz singer in the 1960’s – 70’s . And it was taken from the referencing of that time.”
Anushka then stated that she in no ways supports plastic surgery at any cost. “The drastic change in my appearance on KWK is due to lot of factors put together and not just my lips. Everyone goes through good and bad days. Did I think I looked good on the KWK episode? NO. I do feel I could have done things differently. To put the current conjectures and reportage straight once and for all from my end – I have said this before and am saying it again .. I do not believe in plastic surgery or any other means of unnatural permanent changes to the body . I do not support it or stand for it or recommend it.”
Anushka Sharma, who has also made headlines after she was spotted in New Zealand with rumoured boyfriend Virat Kohli, concluded the post in a light manner.
“Now if someday my legs appear different and sexy to you ! Please don’t say I’ve done ‘Something’ … Oh ! And also … Some of the ‘joker’ jokes/memes doing the rounds though a bit mean did bring a smile to my lips ;) Goodnight to all
Love and Light
Anushka Sharma, who has recently turned producer, will be soon seen in ‘Bombay Velvet’ opposite Ranbir Kapoor.
Well, the actress has said her bit, but in the pictures do speak a thousand words.