Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap’s yet to be released film ‘Ugly’ will open the fifth edition of the Jagran Film Festival (JFF) in Delhi.
The five-day festival will travel to 14 cities taking a host of world cinema to different parts of the country. The festival will be inaugurated in Delhi on Saturday.
‘Ugly’, a psychological thriller-drama was earlier screened in the directors’ fortnight section at the 2013 Cannes film festival.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Filmmaker Amol Palekar will head the jury for Indian showcase which is the Indian competition for feature films. Bengali filmmaker Goutam Ghose will judge the international short film competition.
The Indian showcase and the International short film competition will have 25 entries each from over 35 countries. The jury will meet during the Mumbai leg of the festival in September and the results will be announced at a gala here.
In Mumbai, the festival will be held from September 23-28.