Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap’s yet to be released film ‘Ugly’ will open the fifth edition of the Jagran Film Festival (JFF) in Delhi.
The five-day festival will travel to 14 cities taking a host of world cinema to different parts of the country. The festival will be inaugurated in Delhi on Saturday.
‘Ugly’, a psychological thriller-drama was earlier screened in the directors’ fortnight section at the 2013 Cannes film festival.
Filmmaker Amol Palekar will head the jury for Indian showcase which is the Indian competition for feature films. Bengali filmmaker Goutam Ghose will judge the international short film competition.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
The Indian showcase and the International short film competition will have 25 entries each from over 35 countries. The jury will meet during the Mumbai leg of the festival in September and the results will be announced at a gala here.
In Mumbai, the festival will be held from September 23-28.