Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap has confirmed that his next directorial venture will be a psychological-horror, titled “Giddy”.
It is one of the three projects, which are a part of the collaboration between Kashyap’s Phantom Films and US production house, Blumhouse Productions.
“I will direct ‘Giddy’ next. It is a psychological-horror. We are almost done writing the script. Once that’s done, we will decide the cast,” Kashyap told PTI in an interview.
The other two projects under this tie-up are— “Ghoul”, a horror movie starring Radhika Apte in lead, and Hindi remake of Qaushiq Mukherjee’s horror film “Ludo”.
Mukherjee, popularly known as Q, will helm the remake.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui: I will play Thackeray with the same honesty with which I played Manto
- Harshvardhan Kapoor on Mirzya failure: I don’t think I am the first actor whose film hasn’t made money
- Abhishek Bachchan pens emotional note on Manmarziyan wrap
- Kartaa short film review: Anurag Kashyap presents a hard-hitting tale of India’s real-estate politics
- Mukkabaaz actor Zoya Hussain joins Saif Ali Khan’s next
- Indian people find festival films boring,says Anurag Kashyap
Phantom Films has also partnered with Netflix for the streaming giant’s first original Indian series.
Talking about these international collaborations, Kashyap says, “It’s good for our (Phantom’s) growth, we are also four different partners so somewhere this gives us freedom. The company is growing and anything that helps it in growing will give us more power to make the kind of stuff we want to.”
Phantom Films and Netflix will adapt Vikram Chandra’s novel “Sacred Games”, work on which is yet to begin.
Meanwhile, Kashyap is gearing up for the release of his crime-thriller “Raman Raghav 2.0”.
Starring Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Vicky Kaushal in lead roles, the film will hit theatres this Friday.