Reliance Entertainment and Phantom Films today (February 13) announced an interesting project to remake the hugely popular French film, La Famille Belier, in multiple Indian languages simultaneously. Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap,Vikas Bahl have come up for the project.
Directed by Eric Lartigau, ‘La Famille Belier’ was initially released in 2014, and received both critical acclaim and commercial success at the same time.
Anurag Kashyap, who has long been an admirer of French cinema and also won the prestigious ‘Knight of the Order of Arts & Letters’ in France, is currently working on the script, and said, “La Famille Belier is a great story to work on. I really liked the film and feel that with appropriate changes in sensibilities and the tone; it’ll become a very interesting story for our audiences.”
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Vikas Bahl, who is currently working on developing the subject into multiple languages, said, “La Famille Belier, at heart, is a story about love and compassion for one’s family. We feel it is a beautiful story that will resonate with Indian sensibilities and culture, and we want to develop it in multiple languages, so that we reach out to as big an audience as possible.”
Written by Victoria Bedos, Stanislas Carre de Malberg, Eric Lartigau and Thomas Bidegain, the film tells the story of a girl who lives with her parents and brother, each of whom are unable to hear or speak, and discovers that she has the gift of singing, which she wants to pursue.
Her family, which relies on her for contact with the outside world, takes the news badly. The girl hates the idea of letting down her parents and her brother, but she loves singing, and goes through a painful dilemma.
The film won the prestigious Cesar Awards, 2015 in the category of Most Promising Actress (Louane Emera), besides getting nominated for Best Film, Best Actress (Karin Viard), Best Actor (Francois Damiens) and Best Supporting Actor (Eric Elmosnino). Apart from nominations in the European Film Awards and Globes de Cristal Awards, it also won Best Actress and Most Promising Young Actress in the prestigious Lumiere Awards in 2015.
The original French film is produced by Jerico and Mars Films along with other co-producers.
Currently the scripting and pre-production of the film is in process. Reliance Entertainment will distribute the film globally.