It is not just the audience who is quite impressed with the actor side of the very talented director Anurag Kashyap. The director, who is known for his dark themed films like Raman Raghav and Dev D, has tried his hands on acting and has been hailed for it. While till now he appeared only in a few Hindi films, now the director might make his debut in Tamil industry. The director has been appraoched by Tamil filmmaker Ajay Gnanamuthu for a negative role in a film.
Ajay Gnanamuthu confirmed that Anurag has been approached with an offer to play the antagonist in his upcoming Tamil directorial Imaikaa Nodigal, but says the filmmaker is yet to be signed on for the acting role. “It’s true we had approached Anurag, but nothing has been finalized yet. We’re still waiting to hear back from him,” Ajay said. Tipped to be a thriller, the project stars Atharvaa and Raashi Khanna in the lead, with Nayanthara in a pivotal role. To be produced by R.D Rajasekhar, the film will be backed by Cameo Films.
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
Anurag, who is a filmmaker of repute in Bollywood, was last seen as an actor in a conniving and ruthless police officer’s role in A.R. Murugadoss’s Akira. In fact, it was his Akira co-star Sonakshi Sinha who said that Anurag must think upon taking up acting as a full fledged career. Apart from Akira, Anurag also appeared in films like Luck By Chance, Dev D and Black Friday. In 2015, he co-produced two commercially successful films, Hunterrr, NH10 and the critically acclaimed Masaan. As a producer, Anurag Kashyap recently worked on his first regional film called Wrong Side Raju. The film was an Indian Gujarati thriller drama directed by Mikhil Musale.