Documentary filmmaker Rakesh Sharma and veteran actor Anupam Kher are locked in a verbal spat on the social media over the former’s Gujarat riots documentary ‘Final Solution’.
Sharma alleged that as former Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairperson, Anupam Kher banned his documentary ‘Final Solution’ by not giving it a clearance during the NDA-led regime. He claims the documentary was finally cleared when the Congress-led UPA coalition came in power.
“‘Final Solution’ was cleared on October 7, 2004, when the UPA was in power, not as Anupam Kher claims during the BJP regime!,” Rakesh tweeted.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“It was cleared by a panel headed by Shyam Benegal, with 3-4 members. Anupam ‘banned’ it through a charade earlier,” he added.
Anupam Kher, who was the chairperson of the board from 16 October 2003 to 13 October 2004, has denied Sharma’s allegations insisting the movie was passed under his tenure and Sharma even thanked him for that.
“Have been reading Rakesh Sharma’s response to my interviews to news channels about his documentary film ‘Final Solution’. He is lying. He says I as a chairman of Censor Board didn’t pass his documentary. UPA did. Easiest thing is to do is find out the proof from CB,” Anupam Kher wrote.
“I as a Chairman saw his documentary and passed it without any cuts. Censor board has the proof. In fact Rakesh Sharma thanked me for passing his documentary. I feel sorry for him. Calling me a liar without any proof is a cowardly act,” he added.