Documentary filmmaker Rakesh Sharma and veteran actor Anupam Kher are locked in a verbal spat on the social media over the former’s Gujarat riots documentary ‘Final Solution’.
Sharma alleged that as former Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairperson, Anupam Kher banned his documentary ‘Final Solution’ by not giving it a clearance during the NDA-led regime. He claims the documentary was finally cleared when the Congress-led UPA coalition came in power.
“‘Final Solution’ was cleared on October 7, 2004, when the UPA was in power, not as Anupam Kher claims during the BJP regime!,” Rakesh tweeted.
“It was cleared by a panel headed by Shyam Benegal, with 3-4 members. Anupam ‘banned’ it through a charade earlier,” he added.
Anupam Kher, who was the chairperson of the board from 16 October 2003 to 13 October 2004, has denied Sharma’s allegations insisting the movie was passed under his tenure and Sharma even thanked him for that.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“Have been reading Rakesh Sharma’s response to my interviews to news channels about his documentary film ‘Final Solution’. He is lying. He says I as a chairman of Censor Board didn’t pass his documentary. UPA did. Easiest thing is to do is find out the proof from CB,” Anupam Kher wrote.
“I as a Chairman saw his documentary and passed it without any cuts. Censor board has the proof. In fact Rakesh Sharma thanked me for passing his documentary. I feel sorry for him. Calling me a liar without any proof is a cowardly act,” he added.