Veteran actor Anupam Kher will soon be seen portraying the role of a politician in the film Welcome Back Gandhi.
Aiming to reiterate the virtues of non-violence and idealism practiced by Mahatma Gandhi, Ramana Communications is coming out with their second production “Welcome Back Gandhi”.
Actor S. Kanagaraj essays the role of Mahatma Gandhi, while Anupam has played the role of a politician who dreams of ushering in honest governance in the country.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The film is scheduled to release on January 30, 2017, the 69th death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. He was assassinated in 1948 by Nathuram Godse.
The storyline of the movie revolves around what would happen if Mahatma Gandhi visited India today. It also puts the spotlight on social and political issues.
A. Balakrishnan has helmed the movie, and penned its screenplay and dialogues as well.
“Given the turbulent times in which we exist, Gandhiji’s ideals of truth, honesty and non-violence assume paradigm relevance today. Though school curriculums, books and documentaries have highlighted with minute details the depth of his philosophy, the question remains how Gandhiji would have dealt with the problems faced by us today,” Balakrishnan said in a statement.
He added: “This query led us to make this movie which I am sure will force us to probe our own ideals and prompt us to discover the Mahatma within ourselves.”