‘I feel at the top of the world,’ exclaimed a joyous Anupam Kher as IndianExpress.com spoke to the veteran actor over phone, minutes after he was awarded India’s third highest civilian honour, Padma Bhushan.
Expressing his happiness, Anupam Kher said: “I am thankful to our country and people. I feel humbled. This is the best news of my life. In my 31 years of career in cinema spanning more than 500 films and 150 plays, I think this award reaffirms your faith that hard work and honesty always pays. I also feel also a sense of responsibility towards my country because when you are honoured like this it is your duty to deal with responsibility in a different manner.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
When asked if he felt that he was honoured a bit late in his career, Anupam Kher said, “Being an Indian, I feel honoured every day. I am the son of a forest department clerk from a small town. Everything that has happened to me is an honour. I would have said yes it has come late had I been 90, but I have just started the second half of my innings. Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.’
Anupam Kher also said that he was happy to see legend Rajinikanth also being honoured with Padma Vibhushan. “It’s fantastic. I am a fan of Rajini sir both as a person and as an actor. I am in august company and feel humbled about the same.”
Superstar Rajinkanth has been awarded Padma has been chosen for Padma Vibhushan, country’s second highest civilian award, this year.
Besides Anupam Kher, singer Udit Narayan, has also been chosen for Padma Bhushan. Actors Ajay Devgn and Priyanka Chopra get Padma Shri.