‘I feel at the top of the world,’ exclaimed a joyous Anupam Kher as IndianExpress.com spoke to the veteran actor over phone, minutes after he was awarded India’s third highest civilian honour, Padma Bhushan.
Expressing his happiness, Anupam Kher said: “I am thankful to our country and people. I feel humbled. This is the best news of my life. In my 31 years of career in cinema spanning more than 500 films and 150 plays, I think this award reaffirms your faith that hard work and honesty always pays. I also feel also a sense of responsibility towards my country because when you are honoured like this it is your duty to deal with responsibility in a different manner.”
When asked if he felt that he was honoured a bit late in his career, Anupam Kher said, “Being an Indian, I feel honoured every day. I am the son of a forest department clerk from a small town. Everything that has happened to me is an honour. I would have said yes it has come late had I been 90, but I have just started the second half of my innings. Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.’
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
Anupam Kher also said that he was happy to see legend Rajinikanth also being honoured with Padma Vibhushan. “It’s fantastic. I am a fan of Rajini sir both as a person and as an actor. I am in august company and feel humbled about the same.”
Superstar Rajinkanth has been awarded Padma has been chosen for Padma Vibhushan, country’s second highest civilian award, this year.
Besides Anupam Kher, singer Udit Narayan, has also been chosen for Padma Bhushan. Actors Ajay Devgn and Priyanka Chopra get Padma Shri.