We all are aware that in India, Cricket is not just a sport, it is a religion, and taking it to the next level will be director Anthony Dsouza with his next venture ‘Azhar’. While most of you have already read and heard of the film, we have learnt that the makers of the biopic have secured permission to shoot at the Mecca of cricket, Lord’s stadium.
- Emraan Hashmi begins shooting for his next film titled Captain Nawab
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in Azhar: Emraan Hashmi
- Hollywood stunt director Robert Miller roped in for 'Azhar'
- Lara Dutta to play lawyer in Azhar biopic
- Gautam Gulati to play cricketer Ravi Shastri in Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Azhar'
- Emraan Hashmi to shoot at Lords Stadium, London for Azharuddin biopic?
Apparently the makers of the film were keen on shooting portions of the film that is based on the life of former Indian cricketer Mohammed Azharuddin at real location to preserve the authenticity of the subject. With this in mind the makers of the film had sought permission to film certain sequences there. Confirming the same director Anthony Dsouza stated that they were planning to shoot a few sequences at Lord’s and at the Oval stadium as well since both locations hold high importance in Azhar’s career.
As for the film, ‘Azhar’ that is produced by Balaji Motion Pictures and MSM Motion Pictures is slated for release in May 2016.