Filmmaker Shoojit Sircar’s slice-of-life entertainer ‘Piku’s overwhelming success now has even the President of India within its ambit. It has been reported that the Honourable President Of India, Mr Pranab Mukherjee, is planning to watch the movie.
Amitabh Bachchan will be in attendance for the special screening.
JUST IN: Shoojit Sircar & MSM’s #Piku to be screened for President Pranab Mukherjee on 7th June in New Delhi. Amitabh Bachchan to attend.
— Harneet Singh (@Harneetsin) June 2, 2015
‘Piku’ has been praised for its uncanny script and simplicity. The movie showcases the nuances of the beautiful relationship between a father and his daughter, set against the backdrop of a Bengali family. No wonder, the Honourable President, being a Bengali himself, wants to watch it.
- Deepika, Big B, Irrfan's 'Piku' crosses Rs. 100 crore mark worldwide
- Five reasons you should watch Big B, Deepika Padukone, Irrfan's 'Piku'
- Why did Deepika Padukone, Irrfan Khan fight on the sets of 'Piku'?
- Watch 'Piku' trailer: Deepika Padukone and her 90-year-old son Amitabh Bachchan
- Irrfan Khan thanks Shoojit Sircar for 'Piku'
- Deepika Padukone to work with Amitabh Bachchan, Irrfan in Shoojit Sircar's Piku'
Deepika Padukone plays the titular role of ‘Piku’, while Amitabh Bachchan plays her old and cranky father. Irrfan Khan plays the man who has to ferry this dysfunctional duo from Delhi to Kolkata.
Made on a modest budget of around Rs 38 cr, ‘Piku’ has managed to amass more than Rs 100 cr worldwide, with Rs 77.33 cr domestic collections. It has also been declared as the biggest grosser of the year for overseas markets.