Social activist Anna Hazare says Anna, a biopic on his life, will inspire viewers to lead a life with pure thoughts.
He praised the film’s director and lead actor Shashank Udapurkar.
“This film is not fictitious. It is not that the script is made out of imagination and then a film is made on it. This is practical. The film is based on what happened on the ground and because of this, there would be good weightage for the film,” Hazare said at a poster launch of the film on Monday (June 27).
- Delhi: Man hurls shoe at stage after Anna Hazare calls off hunger strike, whisked away by police
- Farmers, Ponzi victims: Everyone has a cause at Anna Hazare sit-in
- Anna Kisan Baburao Hazare movie review: Like the man himself, Anna Hazare’s biopic means well
- I had to live and think like Anna to be him, says actor Udapurkar
- Arvind Kejriwal missing from biopic on Anna Hazare’s life
- A biopic on Anna Hazare’s life soon
A poster featuring a back shot of Udapurkar as Anna, addressing a gathering against the backdrop of lightning in the sky, was launched here.
Hazare said: “There would be numerous messages getting conveyed through the film. After watching the film, a lot of people will receive inspiration, several workers will receive inspiration and they will all get the message to have pure thoughts and action and having a life without blemishes.”
The film is produced by Manindra Jain.