Anju Modi, who designed the bright and vibrant costumes in Sanjay Leela Bhansali ‘Ram-Leela’, is set to reteam with the director for his period love drama ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
Modi, known for working extensively with Indian crafts, fabrics and textiles, was responsible for turning actress Deepika Padukone into a Gujarati damsel in ‘Ram-Leela’ through her vibrant lehengas and cholis.
“Sanjay Leela Bhansali is a filmmaker who has an eye for Indian crafts, materials and fibres. Those are the main areas I work in and he really liked my work. That is the reason for him to select me. I am very happy to be associated with him,” Modi said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
‘Bajirao Mastani’ stars ‘Ram-Leela’ pair Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone.
Ranveer will play the role of the 18th century Maratha general and statesman Bajirao Peshwa while Deepika will play his love interest. The project will also have Priyanka Chopra in a key role.
Modi is one of the designers who will showcase at this year’s edition of India Couture Week to be held from July 15.
“I think the Couture Week is a platform of creativity and it is huge. Showcasing here has definitely given me the recognition as we get noticed a lot,” she said.