Anju Modi, who designed the bright and vibrant costumes in Sanjay Leela Bhansali ‘Ram-Leela’, is set to reteam with the director for his period love drama ‘Bajirao Mastani’.
Modi, known for working extensively with Indian crafts, fabrics and textiles, was responsible for turning actress Deepika Padukone into a Gujarati damsel in ‘Ram-Leela’ through her vibrant lehengas and cholis.
“Sanjay Leela Bhansali is a filmmaker who has an eye for Indian crafts, materials and fibres. Those are the main areas I work in and he really liked my work. That is the reason for him to select me. I am very happy to be associated with him,” Modi said.
‘Bajirao Mastani’ stars ‘Ram-Leela’ pair Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone.
Ranveer will play the role of the 18th century Maratha general and statesman Bajirao Peshwa while Deepika will play his love interest. The project will also have Priyanka Chopra in a key role.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Modi is one of the designers who will showcase at this year’s edition of India Couture Week to be held from July 15.
“I think the Couture Week is a platform of creativity and it is huge. Showcasing here has definitely given me the recognition as we get noticed a lot,” she said.