Actress Sonam Kapoor says her father, noted actor Anil Kapoor, is proud of her achievements but wants her to do better work and has even expressed his desire to direct her.
“He thinks I need to work harder and do better work. He is proud of me, but he keeps telling me to focus and work hard and not to space out in between (take break) as this is the time to work out. I am trying to do that,” Sonam said.
Despite success and creating her own identity, she is proud and happy to be known has Anil Kapoor’s daughter. “I am very happy being known as Anil Kapoor’s daughter.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
It makes me feel very proud, he is an amazing dad. I don’t want him to be known by my name…I don’t think that is ever going to happen,” the actress said.
Anil liked Sonam in ‘Raanjhanaa’, ‘Aisha’ and her upcoming film ‘Khubsoorat’, a remake of Rekha’s 1980 hit film.
“The best compliment I got from him was after he watched ‘Khubsoorat’ and told me why I don’t let him direct me…he found me really good in the film,” she said.
The shooting of ‘Khubsoorat’ is already over but the makers are yet to announce an official release date.
Sonam, a brand ambassador for L’Oreal Paris, came together with its other ambassadors Katrina Kaif and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to celebrate India’s women achievers at the third edition of the L’Oreal Paris Femina Women Awards which was held recently.
Fifteen women were felicitated for their exemplary work in various fields from art, sports, education, etc. “I have been associated with the awards for three years.
Every year we are trying to focus on women who are propagating change. In this age in India and with what is happening around us, women really need encouragement as we are not going through the best phase right now,” Sonam said.
“Women of worth are those who want positive change for themselves, their families, community or society which I think is important. For me, a woman of worth is someone who has self respect, who believes that she can change things in society,” she said.
Sonam, being an actress, makes sure she plays strong roles in films as it would set an example for the people.
“I am trying to play empowered women because I think it reflects the right example. Like in ‘Raanjhanaa’, ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, she is the one who encourages change, in ‘Bewakoofiyaan’ I play a successful woman,” she said.
“I am trying to bring changes through the films I do, like in the upcoming projects – ‘Khubsoorat’, ‘Dolly Ki Doli’, ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo’ – the roles that I choose are kind of women who are strong and doing something for the society. I make sure I play strong women on screen,” she added.