He has been in the film industry for almost four decades, but award winning actor-producer Anil Kapoor says he is not ready to open his own acting school yet.
The National Film Award-winning actor believes that one needs to give up everything to run a school and he isn’t up for it right now.
“Anybody who wants to do something like that…education is something for which you need to leave everything else and focus on it. You can’t do five things at a time. You are doing this and that and running a school too…I think that doesn’t work.
“If you see globally, those who have got into education or philanthropy, they have left everything else. And I am not ready yet,” Anil told IANS.
Meanwhile, the 58-year-old has his eyes set on the release of his next film “Dil Dhadakne Do”, which will also be screened in Kuala Lumpur during 16th edition of the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Weekend and Awards in June.
- Sridevi and Anil Kapoor: From comedy to romance, this on-screen couple could pull off everything
- Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga: Sonam Kapoor is excited about her first shot with father Anil Kapoor, see photo
- Watch: Anil Kapoor wishes fans on New Year with his hilarious throwback video
- On Anil Kapoor’s birthday, Sonam Kapoor and Harshvardhan Kapoor have special messages for their father
- Happy birthday Anil Kapoor: The actor who has livened up decade after decade with his polished performances
- Zee Cine Awards 2018: When Anil Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ranveer Singh relived Dil Dhadakne Do days
“This year, I think one of the high points of IIFA will be the screening of ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’. The entire star cast will be there and it’s a huge star cast. There will be surprises on the awards night which is on June 7. It will be great,” said the ‘friend” of IIFA.
Seen with salt and pepper look in the film, the father of actress Sonam Kapoor likes essaying the role of patriarch in movies.
Talking about his character, he said: “He is the patriarch. Patriarch is an exciting role to portray. In ‘Virasat’ (1997), I played a patriarch in the second half of the film. All the decisions are controlled by the patriarch, which makes the role exciting.”
The “Pukar” star is also eagerly waiting for the second season of his successful TV show “24”.